Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little boy (10 mo. old) has decided he does not like to go outside. It started when it rained last week, but quickly dried up (California weather). Now, he only goes inside on the potty pads, but he misses quite a bit with #2. Help ! Do I have to retrain him again ?

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I'm laughing because this breed HATES rain, don't they?

The rain could have stopped, but Lady won't even go out if it's dripping off the trees! I mean, if one drop from a tree hits her she plants her butt down and won't move! We had heavy rains a few weeks ago most of the day so when we finally got a break, I took her out quickly. She heard it running out the gutters and refused to move even though there wasn't a drop of rain coming from the sky!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
My 8 month male is starting to use the hardwood floor as his potty area again. Just when you think that he has it down pat, here it goes again.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I thought it was just Puddy that was a wuss when it came to the rain! I didn't realize that it was a trait of this breed. Which is too bad cause he looks so cute in his raincoat but he will not go outside for love or money if it's wet! Now the snow, that's a whole different story!

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Scooby didn't like the rain much either, but now he just walks straight out there rain or shine and does his potty then comes back in and waits for me to dry him down.
I am wondering if the inside pee pads are a good way to go, I know it is the only way for some but Scooby has never used one and he has been going outside since we brought him home and I have to say he is so very clean inside, very rarely does he make a mistake if ever.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Abbey is 10 months old and was doing the same thing! I fixed it by putting her out in the rain if she had an accident in the house. She soon fiqured out that she was going to get wet one way or another!!
Now, she's like a camel when it rains - She held it for 8 hours today!!! and then when she finally rang to go outside she peed for what seemed like an eternity!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Originally posted by Abbey@Oct 25 2005, 06:24 PM
Abbey is 10 months old and was doing the same thing!  I fixed it by putting her out in the rain if she had an accident in the house.  She soon fiqured out that she was going to get wet one way or another!!
Now, she's like a camel when it rains - She held it for 8 hours today!!! and then when she finally rang to go outside she peed for what seemed like an eternity!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=113424
[/QUOTE]

Sorry but your post had me laughing in front of the computer. My family thinks I am going
I am still trying to train Lucky to go indoors. He holds it forever because he wants to go out. Impossible to use a crate to back train him. He does #2's only on the grid... but #1's he tries to hold on forever until he can't any longer. He can go days on the grid and then when I am ready to celebrate he spoils it again. Mia is wonderful.... She is a dream come true. She will stop wherever she might be and walk herself to the laundry room. Then again, she is a female!!!!!!! (no offense to the guys in this forum... but you know we are the superior sex! )

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well, sometimes I think his "accidents" are really carefully masterminded! How does he know that "porch" means he gets to play in the screen in room and yard... in just a few days but forgets what "potty in the box" means? Huh? Also, he knows his name, knows "sit, stay, come, treat, dance.. etc..." but somehow forgets "potty in the box?" HMMMM

He never does #2 anywhere but the "box" or outside if we happen to be outside... Do any of you have any ideas?

No accidents at all today. My theory is that he just wants to get my goat from time to time! ?

Well, have a nice day everyone!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts