Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys i need your help! So I bought a puppy 2 months ago , it was not a pure breed maltese , it was a maltipoo (maltese+poodle) , at first few weeks in my home her ears were down , and then one of her ears started standing up

And today both of her ears are completely standing up , I’m so confused aren’t maltese and poodle supposed to have floppy ears?? Why are they standing up?

·
Premium Member
LACIE, SUKI & LING LING ❤️❤️❤️
5,897 Posts
Omgosh sooo cute!
I know of a few poodle/malt mixes in my neighborhood and their ears don’t stand up like that, either has any of my maltese I have owned.
One never knows what your getting when adopting a mix. They could be a combination of other breeds as well. Did you ask the person you got her from. I’d be curious as to what she wld say. Were there any other type of breeds at the home, ex yorkie?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi dear,

My maltese also had her ears up until 7-8 months old (sometimes one ear up one down), but eventually when she grew up both of her ears fell down (still not totally symmetric). I'm also not sure if she is a purebreed, so you don't have to worry.

P.S. she looks very cute even with her ears up. :love:

·
Premium Member
Pat & Maggie (& Casey too!)
1,665 Posts
Who cares what her ears are doing, she is just adorable. Seriously, she is just a puppy and I'm sure as she grows older, they will probably come down. Right now, I think she is just the cutest little girl!

·
Premium Member
Paulann & Abella
1,276 Posts
WELCOME TO SPOILED MALTESE!
Ears up or ears down doesn't really matter - She is so ADORABLE! The pictures show she has so much personality!
I am looking forward to hearing & seeing a lot more from your cute little girl.💞
Thank you for sharing her pictures with us.
🐶 🐾🌻

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
I have a morkie (Maltese - yorkie) and a vet once told me that he basically has to grow into his ears. Lol.
When he was a pup he had these GIANT ears that stood straight up. Looked like big ol' racoon ears. They did end up coming down. Now that hes full grown hes got big ol' floppy ears. Pretty crazy how those ears are able to stand up like that. Id be willing to bet as they get older the ears will fall down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Guys i need your help! So I bought a puppy 2 months ago , it was not a pure breed maltese , it was a maltipoo (maltese+poodle) , at first few weeks in my home her ears were down , and then one of her ears started standing up
View attachment 274943
View attachment 274942
And today both of her ears are completely standing up , I’m so confused aren’t maltese and poodle supposed to have floppy ears?? Why are they standing up?
View attachment 274944
My maltipoo does the same .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts