Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday, I went to KY to check out apartments. Thanks Kristi, for your help! And all of you guys too, OF COURSE!!!!!!
When I saw the first place, it looked nice, but I didnt really like the set up. I'm really afraid to be alone and there's a wall that separates the kitchen and I need to be able to see everything. Was about 750 sq ft with washer dryer and microwave for $500 and you only had to pay electric.

2nd place had TOO MANY STUDENTS! I want my peace and quiet! And the place was old. It's almost the same place as the 1st place. I think maybe 450 or something.

3rd place was a 2bdrm townhouse for $500. I wanted to look at it because it was cheap. But bad neighborhood.

I was getting sorta sad because I wasn't happy with anything. Plus the lady showing us apts. said I'd more likely have to get an apartment by May or June because she doesnt see any other apartments open at all for August or even July!

But then she told me about this place that's in the middle of construction that will be done in July(I had to call to make sure though). And we looked at it and OH MY, VERY PERFECT! About, 500 sqft. It could be 600 sq ft. but I have no perception of space. If I pay half the rent now plus $35 application fee, then they will hold the apt. I EVEN GET TO PICK WHICH ONE I WANT! The rent is $440/month. You cant beat that. There's houses around this apt. and this apt. is only 1 building, 8 units, 2 floors. There's a track I will be able to walk Cloud on. The school is like 5 mins away. Super Walmart is like 2 mins away. The girl showing me the place says she likes it so much that her and her friend may move there too!

This is getting TOO real. I'm getting scared.

I would have checked out other apartments but the other places I called were just rude to me. Like all of them except for these ppl I dealt with. What is up with that? Maybe they didn't want to deal with me because I was a college student(I sound really young)? Whatever! I take it as it was meant to be. I just hope Cloud will be happy and be GOOD.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Good for you! That new place sounds really nice. I assume that they will take pets, right? Everything will be new and you won't have to worry about gross carpet or smells, or anything. Go for it!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Msmagnolia--yeah, the person after me will worry about gross carpet and smells and etc! PUAHAHAH. I have to fork up $100 non-refundable pet fee plus add $15/month to the rent.

Do you think I could ask for a special since I'm reserving the place? Like waiving the $15/mon for afew months? Or is that silly of me? Can you tell I'm a bargain shopper?

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
It never hurts to ask for bargains! All they can say is "no"-and they might say "yes"! I say go for the newer one...even if you have to pay the rent for a few months! It sounds perfect!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Oooh, that last one sounds good!! Not to be negative or anything but, you have to be careful about that place being done on time...My bf's house was supposed to be done last summer, but he didn't get to move in until like november and there was still work that needed to be done, and my house took like an extra 6 months to be done. I'm assuming that you won't need to actually move in until August/September, so at least you have a little extra time just in case the building isn't done yet.

Sorry to be negative...Congrats on your big move!!!!! don't worry, everything will be FINE!!!!!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HEY LilPNut--I called the office this morning and talked to the head honcho, I think. He said that it's scheduled to be done June 15, but he said there's not a guarantee on that date. He said it should be done by July. I told him my situation about school and that if he can tell me that it'll definitely be done before school starts, then I'll apply. He said there'll be no problem.

Originally, when my BF saw the place he was like "where do I sign" and "how much do you need now for deposit?" That's how much he likes it. But I told him I had to call today to make sure that it will be done before school.

It seems like alot of contruction has been done. Some units have walls completely up and some dont. If the construction is due June 15th and they were late, I doubt they wont finish by the time school starts (last wk of August). That's giving them over 2 months.

Dont worry about being negative. I have to have everything straight. I need to make sure I think of EVERYTHING! :D

ANd thanks!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
It sounds great. I would ask if you could get some kind special rate since you are signing a lease before it is done. Apartments around here are always running specials. Most are things like 1 month free. They usually divide the amount over the lease. So like $50 off a month. When I got mine they were running a great special, $1500 off a 13 month lease, so $115 off a month.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks you guys. I'll call back later and ask if there's any incentives at all for moving in before it's even built. I would assume they'd tell me already but oh well.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
i just read this post now!

wooohoooo! im so happy you found a place that u like!!!
i hope ur move goes out fine without any problems and Butter likes his new home toooo~

goodluck with everything girl!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Congratulations! How exciting a new place!!!!

Now, I have a question, and I hope I did not miss nothing and I make you feel bad. But what happend to Noriko, I notice that you talk about ButterCloud but did not mention her, Is everything ok?

I hope I did not bring up a sad topic.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Snowy--Not sad at all. Well, just a lil sad. But it's temporary. I'm moving an hr and half away to go to school at WKU. There's definitely no way I'm commuting so I have to move there to get my edjumucashun. This means I have to move away from my bf. I dont want to be by myself but I also can't take both Cloud and Noriko because Daddy will be all alone and he's already sad that I'm going.

So, everything is so far so good.
This is a good thing.

MEE--you slowface! Where have you been!? LOL

I asked about getting any incentives when I move in and he said no. Oh well. I have to start paying rent in July. I need to go bargain shopping as soon as it's official that I get the apartment.

Next step: Pray I get some free money!!!!! :D

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Apr 20 2005, 03:21 PM
I asked about getting any incentives when I move in and he said no.  Oh well.  I have to start paying rent in July.  I need to go bargain shopping as soon as it's official that I get the apartment. 
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=54571
[/QUOTE]

Do you have an IKEA near you? I love that store!

Edit: Dang doesn't look like there is one near you.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mee-Don't act like I dont know you've been home for at least a week now! LOL

Lexi'smom-Stupid Ikea is nowwhere near. Not enough contemporary furniture stores here. I know one that is TOOOOOO Modern and TOOOOO expensive.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I totally sympathize with a need for IKEA. I needed it in Nashville. Instead I had to get some junky furniture (b/c I had no money for better stuff).

I will actually be looking for a place to rent in Nashville pretty soon (I am going back to Vanderbilt in July).

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by okw@Apr 20 2005, 03:43 PM
I totally sympathize with a need for IKEA.  I needed it in Nashville.  Instead I had to get some junky furniture (b/c I had no money for better stuff).

I will actually be looking for a place to rent in Nashville pretty soon (I am going back to Vanderbilt in July).
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=54589
[/QUOTE]

OOOH, can we say Maltese Meetup?!!?! Hmmm, I dont know if I'll have time when I move. Plus you're going to VANDERBILT. I heard there are girls that goes there dressing innappropriately (like short skirts and NO Undies) so they can find a "husband!" HAHA Gross. I hope they wax!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts