Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,006 Posts
This was where the post was. I wrote to a friend asking about the chemo and by the time he got back I couldn't remember if I saw the inquiry here or on FB. His Maltese has had cancer was on Palladia. She did splendidly on it. Really didn't have any side effects at all and her scans have been terrific. He really felt it was a miracle for her. I think he mentioned his oncologist said that large dogs don't do as well as small ones. Hoping all has gone well with you and anxious for an update.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Wow!! Thankyou that is great News!!!
I am starting tonight. Giving him sucralfate as well they say to coat the stomach. I am so happy to hear that!! Thankyou for reaching out to me and letting me know. It makes me feel better to hear how others made out on this drug! I appreciate it soooooo much! Bless you and Thankyou!!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi, I went to the vet the other day and they didn’t Receive the chemo meds in their office. Finally picked it up the meds the other day and Starting tonight and giving him sucralfate as well to coat the tummy to be protected from the palladia. I do worry about the palladia but I just heard that one dog was on palladia and it did really well. I pray and hope it works just as good for Cody with limited side effects. I was very glad to hear that., I think of Lisi too and I hope your baby is having a better day i hate to see and hear our babies don’t feel well when they give us such joy of life.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So far Cody is on his 3rd dose of Palladia and no side effects yet. However I hear it takes a full month to show any side effects...Still his happy self , got so blind and bumping into everything too but that doesn’t bother him to much as long as I am by his side which is every minute of the day! Thinking of making a soft head piece so if he bumps into the walls the piece will hit it rather than his tiny nose. Because when he has to do his business he literally runs down the hall so very cute... like he can’t hold it and pees on the wee wee pad he’s very sweet little guy. Hope Lisi is okay and healing from the surgery and feeling better and walking. I think of her often. I will keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
17,350 Posts
Lisi is doing really well at the moment! Thankyoufor your prayers. She has even added a little weight---she is always hungry! She does sleep a lot, but loves her stroller rides & often gets down & walks for about a half a block & then wants to be picked up & put back in the stroller---so her endurance isn't great. She has gotten to know some of the dogs in our little sub-division & she always barks when we get near the homes where she knows dogs live! :)

·
Premium Member
17,350 Posts
I am glad Cody is tolerating the meds well. Today I started Lisi on Life Gold---it is a supplement that some people have had good results w/although we know it isn't a cure. So sending loving wishes for good adjustment to the meds for Cody. Please keep us in the loop!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
My Cody is doing good, However just tonight I saw a 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 stitch protruding for the first time. A tiny loop showing, I know it’s part of a knot from the surgery. Have you ever come across this with Lisi surgeries? My vet put him on antibiotics but wondering if Lisi ever had this happen to her and if so did they have to cut it open to fix the stitch ? Or just cut the stitch sticking out? Cody goes back to the vet in a few weeks. I bought a soft cone like you showed me ! That pretty pink one! That’s makes Lisi so stylish and adorable! I do hope she is feeling better too!!

·
Premium Member
17,350 Posts
Not w/Lisi---our surgeon was super good!
When Lisi was spayed she was allergic to the stitches material so they had to redo the stitching w/another kind. Hope this helps!

Reactions: Coster

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hi Cody went to the vet the other day and they snipped off the tiny stitch that was coming out. The bump went away from the antibiotics and healing nicely now Yeah! Doing absolutely great on Palladia chemo pill and it’s been a month too. His bloodwork came back and his alkphose dropped 500 points. His prior level was over 1000 so that was good news! Just wanted to keep you posted since you have been wonderful letting me know your experiences! Its so helpful and appreciated it calms my nerves when I know others have experienced similar issues when it’s a scary time! I hope Lisi is good, she’s a adorable superstar in that photo in the carriage!! And trooper I must say too! You do such a great job taking care of her !! Bless You! 🐾💞

·
Premium Member
17,350 Posts
Hi Cody went to the vet the other day and they snipped off the tiny stitch that was coming out. The bump went away from the antibiotics and healing nicely now Yeah! Doing absolutely great on Palladia chemo pill and it’s been a month too. His bloodwork came back and his alkphose dropped 500 points. His prior level was over 1000 so that was good news! Just wanted to keep you posted since you have been wonderful letting me know your experiences! Its so helpful and appreciated it calms my nerves when I know others have experienced similar issues when it’s a scary time! I hope Lisi is good, she’s a adorable superstar in that photo in the carriage!! And trooper I must say too! You do such a great job taking care of her !! Bless You! 🐾💞
So happy for Coster---and you!!! What good news! Lisi has been doing well, but this week she is having issues w/eating again, so need to be careful to stay balanced w/her situation. I have her on CBD oil which helps her sleep well. She still enjoys her stroller rides when it is cool enough. We are thankful for each day/memory we can make w/her. Thank you for your kindness. I hope Coster keeps on w/his healing. . . I know he is a little treasure to you!

·
Premium Member
24,006 Posts
So glad that Cody's doing well on the Palladia. I just saw the Maltese two weeks ago whom I was telling you was on it and she's amazing. She walked three miles in NYC!! I hope it continues to help. Glad the AlkPhos number's down. My Tyler's is high because of seizure med (pheno) that he's on but we've been as high as 1000 and lately down all the way to 280. Adjusted the three meds he's on and it's helped. Keep us up on how Cody does.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Hi So Glad to hear great news on the doggie on Palladia! That makes me feel so good! Cody is still doing good on The palladia medicine with no issues. I am so glad I chose surgery and chemo pill I would have never thought this strong boy would do so good!! I think Cody stays strong just for me He knows how much he is loved and has me trained well!!!!!!! Thankyou So much!!!! Thinking about Lisi I hope she is eating and having better days with you.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts