Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I know I'm overexaggerating a little bit but I felt SO terrible taking Aidan in to get neutered today. I actually cried a little bit on my way home. I just felt so bad for some reason. I guess it was just the way I was thinking about it. I take him on a ride and he ends up getting castrated...how pleasant that sounds. They took him from me right away too, the nurse told me to say bye and then he was gone. The poor baby, I hope he's doing alright. It's going to be a long day for him. They also said he's going to have to wear that lamp shade thing for 10 - 14 days, man I want to just go over there and tell them to give him back to me.

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know I know, it's for his own good. I'm thinking too much about it from a human perspective. I just can't wait to get him back home and to have this over with. I hope you're right about the cone thing because I don't want him to be weighed down by that thing... thanks for all your comments.

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by littlepeanut@Oct 13 2005, 12:51 PM
We're wishing Aiden good luck!!  With my 2 boys, one didn't need the cone or anything and the other just had the cone for one night...lol, he was so curious about what they did to him that he kept trying to look at the stitches, but by the next morning he forgot all about it.  I'm sure Aiden will be okay and we're sending out good thoughts and hoping for a quick recovery

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=109263
[/QUOTE]

Thanks...I appreciate it.

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
YAY...the vet just called and said Aidan is doing fine. She said there were no complications during surgery and I can get him in a couple of hours. I feel better now.

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
He's back and he's just as vibrant as when he left. I just feel bad because he's been trying to get that darn lampshade type thing off his head. Here's a picture of my little lampshade!

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Aww it's ok. He wasn't supposed to eat a lot last night so it seems like everything is going ok with Tucker. Aidan was super charged up when he got home, and he was trying to take his cone off but then when he realized it wasn't coming off he just went to sleep. I can't wait until these two weeks are over and he can start being a normal pup again. He doesn't have a bowl of water, we use the water bottle and everytime he goes to get some water he accidentally shuts the cage with his cone, or when he's running out of my room he aways hit's his head somewhere....poor little guy. I hope your little Tucker gets up to play today. Keep us posted!!!

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Ok so my flexible little guy can get to his area....I mean it's a hassle for him but he can get around that area so I have to go tomorrow to get his little cone measured again so he can't do that to himself...Gosh I can't wait til it's OVER!

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Yay, that's wonderful that your Tucker is doing better! I had to get Aidan a new e-collar because he could get to his stitches but this one isn't much better. We can't find one that is not too tight but not too lose around his neck, that goes beyond his nose. But the good thing is that it's not comfortable enough for him to bite or pull on the stitches, he can just get to licking around that area...so we just watch him a little more closely now.

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Ugh, I'm getting so incredibly sick of these darn stitches. My baby hasn't taken a bath in about 2 weeks....and he's used to at least once a week. He's getting really stinky and his face is bright red from all the tear staining. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it. We've been taking his stupid "Elizabethan Collar" off, ugh makes me hate my name that those things are named after that era. The matting from that thing is horrible tooo...around his neck it looks like he's been sweating for days and the poor thing doesn't even have sweat glands on his neck!!! Ugh, I just wanted to rant. IT's been 10 days but they didn't have any appointments around this time so we're going to take the sutures out on the 15th day and I'm getting really impatient. I hope everyone else's babies are doing good, not that mine isn't, I guess I'm just an impatient mommy when it comes to not liking the situation he's in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.