Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot believe how fast the time has flown.
She is SO ready to go....I cannot believe how excited she is.

She is my baby....
My big baby is going to third grade...

Anyway, just sharing. I know some on here will be able to relate.
I will post their "first day of school" picture tomorrow night...

I hope I don't cry TOO much... -_-

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Aug 8 2005, 09:53 PM

She is my baby....

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=88567
[/QUOTE]
Dont be sad!!!! This should be a happy time
Good luck!!!! Cant wait to see the pics!

P.S. Youre a teacher, right?

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Awww....I remember putting Megan (my baby) on the bus for kindergarten and thinking that I MUST hurry and have another baby. LOL. Luckily that feeling passed. I feel for you but it is such an exciting time for her.

PS. My oldest baby starts dental school on Wed. I feel old as the hills!

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Awwww!!! Hugs to you.
I AM NOT looking forward to letting my son go.....not this year, but next. I feel your pain. I hope you don't cry too much either.
But I'm looking forward to the pictures.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I know how you feel I go thru the same thing on Friday. I cry thinking about it. Plus i don't work so that makes it even harder. I have had him home iwth me the hole time. See this is where a sweet little girl malt will come in at. LOL

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
I know how you feel!
I have 1 more year with my baby at home and then I'll be in the same boat!
I always get upset when my oldest goes to school, too! and she gets upset because she feels like her sister and I do things that she's missing out on! Summer just doesn't seem to be long enough!

·
Registered
608 Posts

She is my baby....

[/QUOTE]

I totally relate, when I registered Ev for Kindergarten I started crying. He was with me of course. Do you know that boy looked at me and said "mom stop crying your embaressing me. Don't worry about it I will always be your baby"

You guys start school early don't you? We don't start til Sept 1.

·
Registered
841 Posts
aw girl enjoy this time its so special And goes by soooo fast you won't believe how fast untill their in high school and you look back and say where did the time go
my baby starts high school this year and it seems like yesterday they were both babies I look back and think oh I should have done this and that but were having a great time with this age too . I can see them becoming these really mature young adults and thinkto myself this is it the circle of life .its sad to think in 2 yrs my daughter will go to college and that time in our lives will be over
I loved being the stay at home football watching cheerleader cheering mom SO take lots of pictures and videos hug them and tell them every day how much you love'em

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Originally posted by dhodina@Aug 9 2005, 07:14 AM
You guys start school early don't you?  We don't start til Sept 1.
The kids in south Mississippi public schools started last Thursday! That's way too early considering how HOT it is in August. On the other hand, my daughter graduated a few years ago on May 15 so they get an early start on summer before everyone has started taking vacations, etc.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
I know how you feel. This year both of my kids will be in high school. My son will be starting 9th grade and my daughter will be a senior. I get all teary eyed just thinking about her leaving next year for college. Don't know how I am going to handle that.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
On my daughter's first day of kindergarten (she's going into 7th this fall)...she didn't shed a tear as we waited for her bus to arrive. When it came to the house, she had her back pack and lunchbox which weighed more than she did, she looked up at us and said, "Mommy and Daddy, I really liked living here." Poor little thing thought she was going off into the world. She didn't realize that she got to come home again in the afternoon. Of course I started crying and she was all smiles!

·
Registered
2,942 Posts

She is my baby....

[/QUOTE]

I sure hope all went well with your little one and her first day of school today. I'll be looking for the pictures tonight.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I am LMBO at that.... sooo funny. I loved it. Thanks for sharing with us.

Last year my youngest went to a Mothers Day out type program two days a week for three hours each day and the first day. He looked at me when we stopped and informed me he knew the way and didn't need me anymore.

My hubby thinks i should sub at the school not sure how he figures i will have time for that since I like to volunteer for everything the class does and now I will have two classes to do it with and be the PTA president. lol

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by saltymalty@Aug 9 2005, 10:06 AM
On my daughter's first day of kindergarten (she's going into 7th this fall)...she didn't shed a tear as we waited for her bus to arrive.  When it came to the house, she had her back pack and lunchbox which weighed more than she did, she looked up at us and said, "Mommy and Daddy, I really liked living here."  Poor little thing thought she was going off into the world.  She didn't realize that she got to come home again in the afternoon.  Of course I started crying and she was all smiles!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=88681
[/QUOTE]

LMBO at that one! That made me smile!

She was SO ready to go this morning.

I didn't do too well. I didn't get to walk her down to her room b/c I had to be at my own school a few blocks over. Hubby did it, which broke my heart b/c she is a "momma's girl"! I will get to meet her when she rides the bus over to my school this afternoon and I CAN'T wait!!!! I can't stop thinking about her and wondering how her day is going... -_- Hubby said she seemed really nervous and unsure, which is not like her at all. I just hope it is everything she has been anticipating it to be. Her teacher seems great and has only had high remarks from everyone I have talked to. That makes me feel good.

We took some pictures. If they turned out, I will post them tonight.

Son was SO ready to go to third grade too...I tried to be a big girl, but I didn't do too well...

·
Registered
939 Posts
Originally posted by Theresa@Aug 9 2005, 08:27 AM
aw girl enjoy  this time its so special  And goes by soooo fast you won't believe how fast untill their in high school and you look back and say where did the time go
my baby starts high school this year and it seems like yesterday they were both babies I look back and think oh I should have done this and that but were having a great time with this age too .  I can see them becoming these really mature young alduts and  thinks this is it the circle of life .its sad to think in 2 yrs my daughter will go to college and that time in our lives will be over 
I loved being the stay at home football watching cheerleader cheering mom  SO take lots of pictures and videos hug them and tell them every day how much you love'em
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=88642
[/QUOTE]
oh my god i have tears streaming down my face u hit me in the heart with your post teresa, i too have 3 kids and my baby will go to kinergarden in one year i serious cant belive it my son will turn 14 tommorow and i am crying as i write this because the time DOES fly and they arent babies anymore and i miss that , but i love to see what they are becoming as young people Happy 14 birthday PJ i love u more than words can say . oh i need a tissue and a piece of chocolate
~ Denise

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
This thread is soo depressing!! I have been thinking non-stop about having kids this whole year
. I know we need to wait a little while but I feel ready now!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here are pictures from this morning.

I asked Emily what she did today, and her first answer was...(rolling her eyes) "Well, we didn't paint!"
She is my artsy fartsy girl. I am SURE all she was worried about was getting her hands on those water colors in her back pack!

Anyway, here is a picture of both the kids....(Emily picked her clothes out for the first day.)

Here is one of me and the kids...I had already been crying...
I really didn't want to even take it, but hubby insisted.

And here is one with daddy...didn't want to leave him out.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts