Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi everyone! I'm not entirely new as I've been posting for a little while, mainly in the form of asking oodles of questions....nervous new momma that i am! BUT...my little furbaby is scheduled to come home this friday and i am so unbelievably excited! i have so many things ready such as the following:

food and water dish
baby playpen
300 wee wee pads (i know, ebay what can i say?)
small dental chew
kennel
small dog bed
ear wash (ear clear antibacterial)
2 tubes of nutrical
small pinbrush
no tears puppy shampoo
80 count box of puppy wipes

am i missing anything? :lol: :lol:

yes i've been kind of obsessed since i decided to enter mommyhood (no human babies for a while though!)

i just wanted to say thank you so much for all answering my questions and being so darn nice and helpful! i'll post pictures as soon as he comes home!

April, gizmo's expectant momma

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ha ha ha people around me think i have gone completely BONKERS since i decided to bring a maltese pup home.

i haven't bought any toys yet. i have to say though he is coming home young, 8 weeks and i know that's young but it's a long story.
either way i'm taking time to make sure he's ok.

but i have no idea what to get him in terms of toys. should i get stuffed toys?
kongs? puppy kongs? nylabones? pet stages toys? aaaaaaaaah there are too many choices! i am on a budget (student) so i have to consider each buy carefully. i don't have a bed for the inside of the kennel. any suggestions on something comfy to put in there? something wallet-friendly?

i love that i can come on this site and there are people who are just a kuckoo as i am about these little babies! :lol: :lol: :lol:

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh, one more thing! my breeder said not to feed him any treats until he's a bit older so that he's used to eating his kibble only for a while. not to spoil his appetite with treats. when did you all start using treats as a training method with your little ones? any suggestions or anyone with experience with an 8 week old puppy?

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just confirmed the pick up time on friday! yay! it's a 2 1/2 hour drive one way so it'll be a long day but well worth the drive!

Carrie, since you have experience with massimo, do you have any suggestions or extra precautions i need to take regarding potty training or anything? thanks!

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ha ha that's hilarious. they all sound like they have such great personalities. i can only hope mine will grow to be the same. about three more days or so and counting. i will try the towel method first and if he destroys it then i will have to move on. the kennel is pretty small. a standard size pillow will not work for it at all. but he's just about 1 1/2 lbs. maybe so it should be fine for a while. :D

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
<----- is exactly how i have been for the past couple of days! ha ha, i can't wait. i'm not even dreading the drive (5 hours total) even though i hate driving. can't wait. holliberry that's a good idea, i will try a couple of different textures to see what he likes best and then go from there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.