Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2 year old boy is usually glued to me. Where ever I go he goes. His bed time is around 9:00 so ususally he will be sleeping next to me while I'm on the couch watching tv or reading. If I get up he wakes up to see where I'm going. Well a couple of days ago, I noticed that he wasn't with me. I though he went to the kitchen to get some water but no he wasn't there. Well I found him on our bed all snuggled up sleeping in the bedroom upstairs. I thought that was cute but kind of sad. It's like he's saying "I'm a big boy now and I can go to bed all by myself". I brought him back down and put him on the couch next to me but about 10 minutes later he went back upstairs. I want him to stop growing up.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Originally posted by Maximus@May 13 2005, 01:43 PM
My 2 year old boy is usually glued to me.  Where ever I go he goes.  His bed time is around 9:00 so ususally he will be sleeping next to me while I'm on the couch watching tv or reading. If I get up he wakes up to see where I'm going.  Well a couple of days ago, I noticed that he wasn't with me.  I though he went to the kitchen to get some water but no he wasn't there.  Well I found him on our bed all snuggled up sleeping in the bedroom upstairs.  I thought that was cute but kind of sad.  It's like he's saying "I'm a big boy now and I can go to bed all by myself". I brought him back down and put him on the couch next to me but about 10 minutes later he went back upstairs.  I want him to stop growing up. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62148
[/QUOTE]
Oh, that is really cute, but yet it is sad! I want them to stay puppies (well potty trained puppies
) forever.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
awww... kodie still wants to sleep with me... and i regulate WHEN we are going to sleep. Kodie could stay up all night if I wanted him to! haha.. I dont think he will ever grow out the attachment stage... he always likes me to hold him and he's always sleeping on me. I guess that can be positive and negative...

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Awwwwwww,I know what you mean.We just loveum so much
Sometimes when Im busy I think...man I wish I could do this without these guys bugging me.Then if for some strange reason they leave me alone,I fill so empty and go looking for them

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I know how you all feel. Sometimes I'll let Chloe be more independent and sometimes I'll snuggle her with me. For instance in the evenings I'll usually watch TV in bed and she'll snuggle on the bed with me. Well one evening she decided she wanted to be in the computer room with dad. Well I left her for a little bit and then I went and got her. Afterall she is my doggie - not his

Seriously I just feel like it's my job to make sure we stay close - lol!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
the same thing happened with sprite. i hated it.

so i closed the bedroom door. LOL. then she would lay down near the door sleeping....so i gated off that hallway. i think im crazy LOL

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Ha, Ha,Ha! Sounds just like Pico. Sometimes he just prefers his Dad's lap to mine and I spend the entire evening snatching him off his lap and bringing him into my boudoir to stay with me. He's so funny, though. He'll lay down with me for 5-10 minutes, then he casually gets up, streeeetches and jumps down to the floor where he lays down in front of the door but within my sight. So my attention goes back to what I am doing, and the next thing I know, he's gone!

Back in Dad's lap!

I think Dad must be snacking at night and Pico wants to be there to catch the crumbs.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by doctorcathy@May 13 2005, 05:18 PM
the same thing happened with sprite.  i hated it. 

so i closed the bedroom door.  LOL.  then she would lay down near the door sleeping....so i gated off that hallway.  i think im crazy  LOL
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=62208
[/QUOTE]

I'm cracking up here. That's what I do now. Close all the doors so he HAS to stay with me. Poor baby, do you think maybe sometimes he really wants to be alone?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i have no idea why they would want to be alone! even last week, sprite went into one of the bedrooms and slept under a dresser. i was calling her and looking for her for about 5 minutes till i found her. lol

and then i coaxed her out and closed that door. LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts