Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every day since my husband has been working from home we eat lunch right at 12:00 noon. When we eat we also give Pipper a few pieces of melon as a snack. Well now as soon as my clock chimes 12:00 Pipper will jump right up from a sound sleep and run straight to the kitchen, exactly when the clock chimes. The clock chimes every hour and he doesn't do this the rest of the day, just when it chimes 12:00. Wow, he sure amazes me!!!!!

·
Premium Member
17,353 Posts
My 2 only know if I put on nice clothes (not my work shorts) that I am going out. They sort of know when dinner is due but are good about getting fed early or waiting. It depends on when the road in front of our house cools enough to go for their walk or the humidity is dropping. Everything here is according to the weather! :) and everything revolves around the pups! I am so grateful we have them, or they have us----it keeps us young & engaged in so many ways! Pipper really is smart---normal only child! LOL

·
Premium Member
20,027 Posts
That's a riot!!! These kids are no dummies!! My kids know when it is exactly 4pm....no clock needed! Adele climbs up to my face if I'm sitting down and stares into my eyes. ...that means it's time for dinner!!

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
Kathy, That's amazing how Pipper knows when its noon and the clock chimes twelve times that it's time to eat. I used to have a chiming clock that was my great grandpas. I loved hearing it chime. I remember you sharing other things Pipper does that show how smart he is. Abella has a built in clock that goes off at 3:00 which is her dinner time. She will go lay by her pink flower food dish with her head almost inside of it and hope I notice her patiently waiting for me to notice that its her dinner time. I am so glad we all have our SMART AMAZING little fluffs in our life - They are such a blessing!
🐶 🐾🌺

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mia has her inner alarm set for 5 am. She is very young, so I get up with her then. At 5 am she is hungry, ready to go on pee pads and playful. (Since she sleeps in a pop up pen and refuses to use a pad in her pen I want to reward her)
she will be 12 weeks on June 7. Tight now teething lots and tear stains too.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I don’t know how true it is but I think it is on here that I read that they may have less tear stains if you give them bottled or filtered water. I was having and issue with that too in the beginning and I switched and I noticed a big difference. Also I’ve noticed keeping their hair pulled back or trimmed away from their eyes. It irritates them and makes them tear more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts