Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little fur butt Lilly has some pretty strange behaviors and I wondered who else has weird behaviors.

For instance , Lilly prefers to poop underneath something. She will cram herself under a shrub where she can hardly stand and try to poop there. It could even be under a chair :blink:. It is odd to see the places she will cram herself into and under. I have no idea what she is thinking, but the good news is that I have little chance of accidentally stepping in her turds :blush:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
She is a modest pooper. Perhaps you could erect a screen of shrubbery just for this purpose. Her own little latrine.
I would take advantage of this - its a good thing- some dogs will go right on a pathway or in a doorway.You will never have to worry about walking in it.

My dogs all like a little privacy for pooping. They don't have to be under anything but they don't want anyone watching.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Nikki circles for so long before she poops I don't know how she doesn't get dizzy! And another weird things she does: she will only get on and off the bed on my husband's side.

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
My girls wake their Father up at 5 am for chicken. They know enough not to bother me. Good girls!!!
xoxoxoxooxoxox

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
Milo likes to poop in the most public places when everyone is looking!

He does some funny things like stand at the top of the stairs looking at the front door - guess he's guarding it lol.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
My 80-pound shepherd/black lab Duke, my heart-doG, would back up under a 1 or 2 foot tall shrub, so that his poo would be under something. It was really a blessing with him ... if you can image the size of his poos. :HistericalSmiley:

Poppy is still a baby, so he does strange and hilarious things every day. So far, he has not shown any modesty as far as not wanting to poo in front of us. Then again, he's on a leash, so he doesn't have much choice. LOL

HUGz! Jules

·
Premium Member
16,777 Posts
At home, Bonnie poos and then hides under the bed until I clean it up...in public she LOVES to let everyone know she's poo-ing!:w00t:

·
Premium Member
8,116 Posts
Let's not forget my girls pee hearts. I'm so proud!! Here are some recent ones. I love the one half on the floor/half on the paper. LOL

·
Premium Member
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nikki circles for so long before she poops I don't know how she doesn't get dizzy! And another weird things she does: she will only get on and off the bed on my husband's side.
Dixie also circles like that AND she will only enter the bed on my side. Maybe they are related:HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
LOL Kerry I love that you are taking pics of your girls' pee! You crack me up!
One of Perri's weird things is how he drinks water. He will look at me and make sure I'm not about to do something interesting I guess before he will drink, then he'll stop and look at me again, then maybe drink some more. I have to freeze and not make any noise, because he will get distracted from drinking and stop. People who know me expect the "shhh he's drinking!" and know to stop what they're doing and not make noise, people who don't think I'm crazy.

·
Registered
10,743 Posts
I never have to guess when Rylee or Bitsy have to poo,they circle too,we call it the "poo poo dance". Sasha ,Bitsy and Rylee all will cry when they have to potty. Amber and Emily go to the door then come back and stare at you.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Bailey is the funniest when we go to Grandma's and he gets into her dogs water bowl and splashes water EVERYWHERE! A few days ago we were in the front room talking and Bailey is awfully quiet in the kitchen .... better check on him ....... and there he was splashing in the water and soaking wet, and I mean soaking, dripping wet .... looked like he had been sitting in that water and had even splashed it up the wall .... and there is that "innocent" look ..... "what's everyone laughing at"?

·
Registered
483 Posts
After eating, I lick around the whole perimeter of the couch or chair. How's that for weird! Mom says I'm OCD.

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
ROFL I love the pee hearts Kerry! Delilah doesn't really have a quirk, as far as potty issues. Maybe the "no one watch me while I'm pooping" part. I don't watch, as I don't want to give her a complex! Our Maine ****, Katie had major pooping complexes,lol

·
Registered
707 Posts
Don't know if its quirky or not but both my girls pee on command..whether they have to go or not. Before we go up to bed at night I wake the girls who are sleeping on the sofa by then and tell them to do their pee pee. they both walk to their respective pee pads to pee and then make their way upstairs. Its the same way when we have to go out and I ask them to go and pee before we leave the house.

She does suck on her dew claw which is pretty weird. She does it to sooth herself when she goes to sleep at night. She's been doing it since she was a puppy. You can actually hear the sucking sound.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
thats too funny about the pee hearts and i like ur pink wee wee pads :)

about hiding for pooping hes dicreet lol ..

my dolce circles and circles soo most of the time we know when he has to go ..

·
Registered
847 Posts
Leila wont walk on hardwood/tile. :huh: She wont go into the kitchen or the bathroom unless she is carried, she'll walk to the very edge of the carpet and sit waiting for you to come back. It's especially weird because her breeder said she didn't have any carpet..

She also wont walk in front of me (inside or out). Outside I play red light green light just to see if she'll get sick of it and walk ahead. She doesn't. She'll walk around in circles if that's what I'm doing LOL. Cracks me up.

Also, she wont eat cold things. She loves carrots, but even those she'll wait until it's room temperature to eat it. Quirky little girl..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts