Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm worried..Two of my dogs started throwing up alot, and many times this evening. One has a bowel problem also.. He is very tiny and had a huge bowel movement that is very runny. Both of their vomit looks exactly the same although the are fed entirely different diets.. The weird thing is that this vomiting started within a couple of minutes of each other.. When I say alot of vomiting, I mean ALOT!!! Chicklet is a foster and is going to his forever home on Tuesday, and Kinky is my dog and has never been sick a day in his life and has a tummy of iron... I'm staying up late tonight to watchover them.. I also have to wash all the sheets and comforters on two beds , the rug and 5 dog beds. They have all been thrown up on. This is so scary and weird.. I'm just praying it isn't something contageous..Any thought or ideas would really be appreciated..:blink: HELP!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
24,025 Posts
Oh Jayne - this is all you need. I can't believe they're both sick this way and they don't eat the same thing. I have no idea what it could be...others might know better unless it's some kind of gastro bug that they both got. I'm sorry you have all that clean up and am hoping and praying that Chicket and Kinky will be alright. Keep us posted.:grouphug:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh Jayne - this is all you need. I can't believe they're both sick this way and they don't eat the same thing. I have no idea what it could be...others might know better unless it's some kind of gastro bug that they both got. I'm sorry you have all that clean up and am hoping and praying that Chicket and Kinky will be alright. Keep us posted.:grouphug:
Thanks, I'll let you know how this turns out.. I'm almost more worried about Chicklet because he is a older and more delicate dog than Kinky..He seems weak from all the vomiting.. Kinky is now curled in one of the only beds left, and seems subdued , but comfortable for now.. I just can't imagine what is going on..:unsure:

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
I would confine them from the other dogs until you know more.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Oh Jayne I'm so sorry to hear two of your little ones are sick.
One time Chloe threw up little, Alvin looked at her strange. She
ate her dinner that night so I thought she was fine. In the middle
of the night she started throwing up again and a lot. All of sudden
Alvin starts, I think he is a sympathetic puker! She was still
eating and drinking but I still called the vet. I just watched her and
she was fine. Hopefully it's something like that for your two.
I sense your tired and a little frustrated, and you have every right
to be with all the hard work you do. You and your little ones
are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself.

·
Registered
744 Posts
are they up to date with their shots? If not, I would take them in to the vet...I had a dog do exactly that and she had parvo...which if not treated...I don't even want to say it. Lets just say that she almost didn't make it. SHe spent 2 days in the vets office.

Personally, I would take them anyway...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Was just thinking the way this summer is -- any chance it could be heat related?
No, I don't think so Susan.. I keep the house like an ice box, according to my hubby.. We're from Idaho and have come here to Florida to take care of my 93 year old Mother... Bless her heart, she's always freezing and I am about to expire with the heat.. But, the dogs are kept very cool and comfortable...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh Jayne I'm so sorry to hear two of your little ones are sick.
One time Chloe threw up little, Alvin looked at her strange. She
ate her dinner that night so I thought she was fine. In the middle
of the night she started throwing up again and a lot. All of sudden
Alvin starts, I think he is a sympathetic puker! She was still
eating and drinking but I still called the vet. I just watched her and
she was fine. Hopefully it's something like that for your two.
I sense your tired and a little frustrated, and you have every right
to be with all the hard work you do. You and your little ones
are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of yourself.
Thanks Mary... Maybe that's what I have here, a sympathetic puker..Too funny!!! But, I will call the vet in the morning unless things are much improved by then.. I'll be up with them for quite awhile yet.. One of them is sleeping now, but the other is restless.. I'm tired alright, but not really frustrated.. This is just coming at a time for me when my health hasn't been very good.. I'm on the mend though and will be right as rain in a few days.. Then the energy will return..I am high energy thankfully.. You have to be with all these little darlings around.. I told my husband today that it was like having 10 two year olds in the house..:smpullhair: Let's put it this way..I don't read alot!!! No time...But I love these guys!!!:wub:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
are they up to date with their shots? If not, I would take them in to the vet...I had a dog do exactly that and she had parvo...which if not treated...I don't even want to say it. Lets just say that she almost didn't make it. SHe spent 2 days in the vets office.

Personally, I would take them anyway...
Al of my dogs are fully vetted.. I won't let them in the house with the other dogs if they aren't.. If they come in from a questionable shelter, they go straight to the vets for a total check up and vetting and then I isolate them for not less than 10 days.. I take every precaution to avoid outbreaks of any sort.. When I was new to rescue I was sent a dog to transport. I didn't know anything about rescue, so I transported this dog who carried a lovely case of kennel cough.. Every one of my dogs ended up with it and the medicine alone cost over $250.00.. But the worst part was, besides the fact that my dogs were miserable,is that one of my dogs got very sick...Well, you can bet I never made that mistake again..I will have them check over tomorrow if I see that they are in the least stressed tomorrow, and thanks..

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I hope that they're well again soon and that it's not too serious... :( I'll have you all in my thoughts. Please keep us updated.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You haven't brought any new rescues in recently that may have brought something with her, have you?
Yes, as a matter of fact I have recently brought in three,, Two puppy mill dogs and one from a shelter.. All have been fully vetted and isolated for the required 10 days.. One of them that is sick is a mill dog... He is so fragile and adorable.. I am praying that when the morning comes this will all be behind them and they will be back to their old selves again.. If not, I really might have a problem and I will seek immediate medical care for these little guys..

1 - 20 of 43 Posts