Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Easter has always been such a big deal at my parents house. Meet at church and then lunch, following with a hugh egg hunt. Every one would joined in, looking for that special egg with money or a note with directions to search deeper for a surprise.

Well, today at my moms house, there were no dinner or egg hunts. No one was in the mood. Dad was not here to be with us (he died 9-27-04), such a lonely day.

Mom surprised me with Dad's wallet. I tried to fight back the tears, but couldn't. It still was the same the last time he carried it, money, driver license, SS card and pictures of the kids/ grandkids. In the middle of some pictures were 2 pictures of mom back in 1948 (a foxy babe she was). Its strange how these small things can be so dear to our hearts.

I didn't mean to depress any one, but if your parents are living, take the time right now and give them a call. You could be the same as me, wishing I had one more day with my daddy.

God bless you .....

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I'm sorry you are feeling sad...
There's no reason to fight back tears. I'm sure your dad knows how much you love him and he is watching over you right now. Aw, I wish I was there so I could give you a hug!!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
My father lost his battle with a brain tumor a bit over 10 years ago. Easter has always been our most difficult holiday because he passed away in March. I know exactly what you mean about the lovely gift your mother gave to you. My mother gave me my father's shoes. I know it sounds stupid, but I can still slip them on and feel like he's around. He is gone, but his shoes have the impressions of his toes. I can't fill his shoes for my kid's sake, but I can show them something about him. My son was born 2 weeks before my father passed away. The shoes will go to him. Cherish the memories you have, and please pass them on to the younger members of your family. In your stories, he'll always be with you.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Thank you for reminding us to love and appreciate our families while they are still with us. I'm sorry you are going through a hard time.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by sheila2182+Mar 27 2005, 04:52 PM-->
Originally posted by Caesar's [email protected] 27 2005, 04:50 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-littlepeanut
@Mar 27 2005, 03:49 PM
  Aw, I wish I was there so I could give you a hug!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=46621

I agree....

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=46622

[/QUOTE]
Me Too
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=46625
[/B][/QUOTE]

Count me in on that group hug!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I'm in the
too! Take Care!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts

Easter was my Nanie's (mom's mom) favorite holiday, so yesterday was a tough day for us. She has Alzheimer's and now is in congestive heart failure (trying to get over pnumonia)...not doing well at all. She will be 87 in a few weeks and isn't even a shawdow of what she used to be. She was the sassiest thing going. I used to ask her 'how are you feeling today Nanie?' and she would answer, 'with my hands, how do you think?'
It is so hard to watch her the way she is now.
On Saturday she told a few of my aunts and uncles she saw my grandpa who died in Sept '02...but he was in his spirit form, and he looked good. Yesterday she told my sister and I he was standing right next to me ( :new_Eyecrazy: I freaked out a little bit). She said he wasn't talking to her, just watching her. A part of me wants to let her go, I can't imagine not seeing her, but it's not living what she is doing, it's just letting the days go by.
My mom made it a priority for us to be close with our grandparents, we grew up right down the street. My brother, sister, and I would just go and hang out there because we loved them. They didn't judge anything we did. They have 35 grandchildren, and they were married for 62 years. They were 'Nanie and Grandpa'. This weekend my mom and her siblings made all of her funeral arrangements and it was so hard on my mom. Honestly none of use can believe how long she has held on since my Grandpa passed away. We all know it is for the best, right now we are just waiting...
My thoughts are with all of you...

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Natalie, I'm sorry about your Nanie's health
This is all so hard...Next Sunday my family is going to the cemetary to visit my grandpa. We've gone these last 11 years never missing a visit. I wish so much he was still here with us.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Yes, appreciate those that are still here. My Dad died 4 years ago this past Saturday. My Mom had sent me a sweater that had been his, I remember getting it an being so ANGRY with her because she had washed it!! I had this mental image of her sending it and taking it out of the box and having it "smell" like Dad!! I was really mad when I got it out and it smelled like Downy fabric softner!! I have never forgotten that. His sweater hangs on my stand alone floor mirror, kinda like he'll walk in the room and put it on. Funny how small things bring us comfort.....bless you and your family..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts