Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi! My name is Judith and this is my widdle baby, Molly Sassy Pants. She's 14 months old. I got her for emotional support after my identical twin sister died and I'm completely smitten with her. Of course, nothing can take away grief, but Molly sure does try. She's good at bringing me her toys when I get sad and licking the tears on my face! It's really cute!

Molly is my first Maltese and I couldn't be more pleased with the breed, and with her specifically. We've bonded beautifully and I couldn't ask for a better companion pup. As you can tell, I'm ~totally~ in love with her!

I'm grateful I found this forum a while ago. Although this is my first post, it's already helped me a great deal with Maltese Puppy-dom. I really appreciate all the knowledge generously shared by the community members. I hope to do my part and give back where I can.
Here's Molly. Isn't she adorable?

Dog Carnivore Dog breed Dog supply Companion dog
Dog Dog supply Dog clothes Dog breed Carnivore
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog Working animal
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog Fawn

· Registered
428 Posts
Oh my god! Molly is Soooo Adorable!!! I am glad she is here for you! Sorry about your sister I can’t image how hard it is for you. I could totally understand why you’re smitten with this little molly! I love her! The pics are great!!!! Love the pony tails too! She is really sweet! So happy you choose a Maltese molly will give you unconditional love forever!!!! 💖

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh my god! Molly is Soooo Adorable!!! I am glad she is here for you! Sorry about your sister I can’t image how hard it is for you. I could totally understand why you’re smitten with this little molly! I love her! The pics are great!!!! Love the pony tails too! She is really sweet! So happy you choose a Maltese molly will give you unconditional love forever!!!! 💖
Thank you! I spend a lot of time keeping her engaged by training and playing (and grooming) with her. I'm proud of how curious she is and how much she's learned so far. I can't say enough how all-around wonderful this breed is! :)

· Premium Member
Sandi-- w/Kitzel (Kitzi) & Lisel (Lisi)
18,335 Posts
You may want to remove the "teacup maltese" from your avatar as that is a red flag on this forum. You probably should also read what this forum's thinking is on this label. We are ardent believers in "standard maltese" as defined by the American Maltese Club's stipulations of what a maltese should be. I also have a smaller maltese---she was too small to breed or show so she ended up w/us & has had a privileged life as a pet. I don't mean to sound unkind but I also do not want "newbies" to read this & think that we endorse this thinking.

I am glad Molly is an emotional support dog for you & am sorry to hear the reason why. I do hope you will stay w/us & let us enjoy her!

Reactions: Molly's Mommie

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You may want to remove the "teacup maltese" from your avatar as that is a red flag on this forum. You probably should also read what this forum's thinking is on this label. We are ardent believers in "standard maltese" as defined by the American Maltese Club's stipulations of what a maltese should be. I also have a smaller maltese---she was too small to breed or show so she ended up w/us & has had a privileged life as a pet. I don't mean to sound unkind but I also do not want "newbies" to read this & think that we endorse this thinking.

I am glad Molly is an emotional support dog for you & am sorry to hear the reason why. I do hope you will stay w/us & let us enjoy her!
Thank you so much for pointing this out. I don't recall reading about this term in the FAQ or Community Rules but will certainly re-read them for clarification as I obviously missed it. No offense taken...in fact, I appreciate you protecting the integrity of the breed and this forum.

· Super Moderator
10,527 Posts

Sandi, thank you. I haven't commented yet for that very reason.

In the breed standard, there is no such thing as a "teacup." It's a marketing ploy to make people think they're getting something rare instead of a Maltese that doesn't conform to the standard. Please read up on the standard characteristics of this fabulous breed to learn more.

We do welcome all dogs regardless of size, and we also welcome mixes, but we do not advocate any breeding practices that intentionally mix breeds or breed below the standard size.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sandi, thank you. I haven't commented yet for that very reason.

In the breed standard, there is no such thing as a "teacup." It's a marketing ploy to make people think they're getting something rare instead of a Maltese that doesn't conform to the standard. Please read up on the standard characteristics of this fabulous breed to learn more.

We do welcome all dogs regardless of size, and we also welcome mixes, but we do not advocate any breeding practices that intentionally mix breeds or breed below the standard size.
Thank you for welcoming me. I want to be clear that not everyone with a small Maltese was told they were purchasing a "teacup" or something rare. I, for example, was told to expect my Molly to be small, but the breeder never used the word "teacup." That is the word I initially chose to use on this forum. Why? Because 1.) she's small, and 2.) I didn't see anything in the FAQ or Community Rules against using it (I still don't, and I wonder if SM should consider adding this important topic?). In addition, I'm sure you noticed before you commented that I thanked Sandi for kindly pointing out the terminology and that my error was promptly corrected.

As far as the breeder, again, she used no such terminology or marketing ploy. What she did do was vet me just as must as I vetted her. I had a pageful of questions for her, and when I asked about the sire and dam, she welcomed me to interact with both and see where the dogs reside (which I took her up on). Thank you again.

· Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for welcoming me. I want to be clear that not everyone with a small Maltese was told they were purchasing a "teacup" or something rare. I, for example, was told to expect my Molly to be small, but the breeder never used the word "teacup." That is the word I initially chose to use on this forum. Why? Because 1.) she's small, and 2.) I didn't see anything in the FAQ or Community Rules against using it (I still don't, and I wonder if SM should consider adding this important topic?). In addition, I'm sure you noticed before you commented that I thanked Sandi for kindly pointing out the terminology and that my error was promptly corrected.

As far as the breeder, again, she used no such terminology or marketing ploy. What she did do was vet me just as must as I vetted her. I had a pageful of questions for her, and when I asked about the sire and dam, she welcomed me to interact with both and see where the dogs reside (which I took her up on). Thank you again.
I am looking for a Maltese breeder. Is it allowed to ask you for the name of your (Molly’s) breeder? Congratulations on Molly; she’s a doll! I lost my sweet Maltese girl a few months ago and miss her dreadfully.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts