Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

My Foster Baby

2K views 31 replies 26 participants last post by  Karen542 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Mee, She is beautifull. what you are doing is so wonderful.
Bless you heart

#22 ·
Mee,

Congratulations....Adorable. I know that if 3MaltMom is your mentor than you will do just great....Her heart is big as they come...and she obviously is helping you because your heart is too.

Susan

#23 ·
awww...
I think thats such a good thing to take a foster pup in. I wish I could but I live at home and you know the drill in some house holds... "your living under our roof and you follow our rules"... soo.. i'm not allowed another dog for any reason.

But.. I applaud you for helping a homeless pup and giving him a good home (even it its only temp.) ... (watch you end up keeping him.. hehe)

#25 ·
OMG!!! How very silly of me
I just noticed this post, Stephanie.

We had already been talking thru PM's, and I was wondering why you hadn't posted a thread on your new little foster.

You're the absolute perfect foster Mom. Not many have their heart and sole so involved. You are an Angel.

#26 ·
Originally posted by mee@Aug 1 2005, 04:12 PM
with lots of help and advise, and encouragement from 3MaltMom, i finally got my foster baby yesterday 

shes a lhasa/terrier mix , one year old, feels right at home here with me and my roommate and is full of energy..

she wags her tail soo much, gives lots of kisses, and snuggles up with me in bed too..
(but she'll be sleeping with my roommate from tonight)

she's about 12 pounds and is bigger than my baby, and my baby is acting like a bad bully 
but i guess she needs more time

hehehe 

ppl at the rescue organization told me that letting go of the first foster is the hardest 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=86462
[/QUOTE]
Yes, the first one will determine whether you become a foster failure or not! I am in a rescue group and it is very tough because they bond to you so fast. My husband always gives me a hard time when I interview people who want one of my fosters. He says I make it hard to adopt so I can keep them longer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.