Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have an appt today with the vet.
I found on Maya 2 bumps on the top of her head, one had dried blood on it and its pretty big and she also has a little one---the weird thing is that Daezie also has about three (no signs of blood) right on top of her head, too. I think it hurts them because they don't let me touch them. There are acting normal, eating normal and playing normal. I hope is not thing bad.

Please hope that everyting is okay with my little babies.

Thank You!

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you everyone for your support.
The vet shave the bump area on Maya's head and cleaned them, now they look like open sores. they are like the size of a lentile.
Daezie only had one after all and by the time we got to the vet it had dried blood. the vet said they might of scrached their heads. I told them that I haven seen them scratching at all. but he doesnt understand why would they be bleeding. He gave me a cream "Bactoderm" to apply 3xs per day for 7 day and will ck them again in 7 days. he put a cone around their heads just to make sure they are not touching the area. He did not know what the bumps were. He said we will start with the cream and if it doesnt go away then he will give them antibiotics.
I also told him about the barrets I put on them, they are plastic little ones- but I always make sure I dont grab their skin--he didnt think that was the case.
So I will have to wait to see if the cream helps it at all.

I will let you know how they do.

Thanks

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update:

I took them back to the vet last friday for a ck up. He was not able to tell me what could of cause that on their heads.
Daezie's and Maya's sore like are healing just fine. Daezie's is almost closed and no more signs of blood.
Maya's still alittle open and this morning the dried blood was gone.

Thansk everyone for caring.

Kenya

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
if your vet said that it looked like a scratch---he's probably right. my brothers shar-pei will scratch his head over and over and then cut himself (and you know how cuts itch)...anyway, now he has a scar there. BUT he's done it like 4 times already in the same spot. he usually does it when he's left alone. i think its because of seperation anxiety.

im glad daisy and may are better!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts