Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've shown these before, but I thought maybe some of the newer members would like to see them.

2005 (Archie & Abbey in Hawaii)
View attachment 90420

2006 (Archie & Abbey get married)
View attachment 90421

2007 (Archie & Abbey as Mr & Mrs Santa with Tink as an elf)
View attachment 90422

2008 Elaine and I started going in this together. The boys were fishermen in the boat, and the girls were dressed as mermaids and walked on leashes.
View attachment 90423 View attachment 90426

2009 Archie & Kodie were witches on either end of the wagon and Ava and Maya were "lunch" in the couldron in the middle
View attachment 90424

2010 Ava & Maya as Tiny Dancers
View attachment 90425

I'm already thinking about what we'll do next year! And we have 9 dogs between us to choose from. :thumbsup:

Happy Halloween!!!

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
thos are all awesome , i too couldnt choose they are all adorable , u r soo creative!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Pat - I remember seeing those last year and just being in awe.:chili: You've inspired me. Tonight or tomorrow, I make the oreo costume. I have all the supplies. I wanted to dress as a glass of milk, to go with the Oreo but couldn't find a costume (other than the Missing Persons milk costume) so I might have to make mine too.:smilie_tischkante:

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Goodluck this year Pat! I hope to stop by... but you never know with my work schedule. I didnt enter my babies in again this year.. lol...

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Wow Pat those are all awesome! Do you have any tips for me to make a wagon into a carriage? I have a Prince Charming and Princess costume for the T's and want to make our wagon into their carriage. Or maybe I should do it like a castle? We want to take them to the costume contest at Petsmart and another local pet shop on the 23rd.

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow Pat those are all awesome! Do you have any tips for me to make a wagon into a carriage? I have a Prince Charming and Princess costume for the T's and want to make our wagon into their carriage. Or maybe I should do it like a castle? We want to take them to the costume contest at Petsmart and another local pet shop on the 23rd.

humm....a carriage. Gee, I think my large AT3 Dog stroller would me cool to decorate as a carriage!! Do you have a stroller?

If you have a wooden wagon, can you get someone to built the structure first? Then you can cover the entire thing with material (gotta love the staple gun!)

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pat - I remember seeing those last year and just being in awe.:chili: You've inspired me. Tonight or tomorrow, I make the oreo costume. I have all the supplies. I wanted to dress as a glass of milk, to go with the Oreo but couldn't find a costume (other than the Missing Persons milk costume) so I might have to make mine too.:smilie_tischkante:
A glass of milk....let's see....
How about two small hula hoops...attach material to one of them to be straps over your shoulders. Then take a white sheet and attach each end all the way around hula hoops so one is around your shoulders and one is around your knees or thighs or however big a glass of milk you want. I think it can be done.....

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I have a wooden wagon and one of those cheap strollers from Petsmart. My wagon is one I bought while we lived in Germany (a potato wagon?) and all the sides can be removed. So I need to get with hubby to see what he can do with it. Hhhmmm

What do y'all think? Would a castle be better or a carriage?

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
A glass of milk....let's see....
How about two small hula hoops...attach material to one of them to be straps over your shoulders. Then take a white sheet and attach each end all the way around hula hoops so one is around your shoulders and one is around your knees or thighs or however big a glass of milk you want. I think it can be done.....
:smrofl::smrofl: Pat I was thinking a sheet with a glass drawn on it. OMG - you're so creative!!! Hula hoops...hmmm. I'll see! the sheet thing made me think of a great costume I once saw. A sheet with things written all over it, like call (phone #) for a good time, and it was a Ladies Room wall.:HistericalSmiley: Was a panic. She had a marker attached so you could write on it.
What are you both wearing with the Tiny Dancers motif?

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Hey, gf, I remember all of these. Can never make my mind up which one I like best. Every time I look at the pictures, it seems to be a different float that I favor.

Soooooooooooooooooooooo much work, but sooooooooooooooooooooo much fun!!! :)

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:smrofl::smrofl: Pat I was thinking a sheet with a glass drawn on it. OMG - you're so creative!!! Hula hoops...hmmm. I'll see! the sheet thing made me think of a great costume I once saw. A sheet with things written all over it, like call (phone #) for a good time, and it was a Ladies Room wall.:HistericalSmiley: Was a panic. She had a marker attached so you could write on it.
What are you both wearing with the Tiny Dancers motif?
Elaine and I are just wearing black jeans and our black tops (mine has a maltese in rhinestones on it and hers has a chihuahua in rhinestones on it. We also have black visors for our heads. Mine says "AGENT" on it and hers says "MANAGER". That's about it for us :blush:

Sorry Pat, not trying to hyjack your thread :wub:
No....hyjack away! It's getting pretty late to be starting a big project now, but you've got to get started!!!! Go with which ever theme is the easiest to build and cover!

Thanks, everyone! I don't know why I like doing these wagons each year, but I get a kick out of it! :chili:

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Ooooo!
I really like how you posted the floats from years past.
The Archie & Abbey getting married is so cute!
They are all amazing!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts