Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kids, husband and I love all these books. We read them together as a family and have been waiting all day. Anyone else preorder through Amazon? It has said on the UPS tracker "out for delivery" all day long, my UPS guy isnt very good though. I guess I am going to have to wait until Monday

Anyone going to any midnight parties?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I ordered mine from Amazon.com and I should have it by NO later than 3pm Sat in Central time That's what the email I got from Amazon said yesterday. Glad to see that Im not the only one antsy about it

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Paris'Mom@Jul 15 2005, 09:37 PM
I ordered mine from Amazon.com and I should have it by NO later than 3pm Sat in Central time  That's what the email I got from Amazon said yesterday.  Glad to see that Im not the only one antsy about it 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=81855
[/QUOTE]
I didnt think UPS delivered on Saturday. I sure hope they do!

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Originally posted by Paris'Mom@Jul 15 2005, 09:37 PM
I ordered mine from Amazon.com and I should have it by NO later than 3pm Sat in Central time  That's what the email I got from Amazon said yesterday.  Glad to see that Im not the only one antsy about it 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=81855
[/QUOTE]

mine said no later than 7 pm saturday, eastern time

jealoussss that you're gonna have yours earlier.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
speaking of this anticipation. remember when the last book came out?!!!

I read the entire book in one evening, got up for work at 8am, and then re-read the book again the next evening!

talk about DARK circles under my eyes! Can't wait to do it all over again though

·
Registered
776 Posts
I'm on page 80!! I got it last night at midnight at a local bookstore here in South Beach, very ritzy, and after I went out until 3 am, I STILL came back and read until 4:30 am!!

I almost named Jack "Harry" that's how much I love these books!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I still dont have my book

Amazon only sent me the email with the shipment confirmation and the tracking number, I didnt get a time. It still says "IN TRANSIT TO FINAL DESTINATION" on the tracking. I dont think it is coming today
The UPS has never came to our neighborhood on a weekend. I wish I was reading mine now! You lucky ducks that already have yours! Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by cindysilver@Jul 16 2005, 11:16 AM
I'm on page 80!!  I got it last night at midnight at a local bookstore here in South Beach, very ritzy, and after I went out until 3 am, I STILL came back and read until 4:30 am!! 

I almost named Jack "Harry" that's how much I love these books! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=81919
[/QUOTE]

"Harry" was a name idea for us too! I think if I ever get another Maltese, I will name him Harry!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I GOT IT! It is just beautiful! I love the cover! The UPS delivered it to the USPS and it was in my mailbox today! I cant wait for the kids to wake up so we can get started reading it!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I am SOOOOO UPSET over this!!!! I went out for like 30 minutes to pick up my NEW Truck from the dealership. When we came back, there was a note on my door. Why can't they just leave packages?!!!

I am so tempted in just buying a copy at the bookstore right now so I can read it finally. I have to wait until MONDAY now to start the book.

OOOOHHHH I AM SO MAD

·
Registered
240 Posts
My book was delivered yesterday afternoon and I read the whole thing last night. Maybe we can start a discussion thread when everyone else has finished reading their copy...I would love to talk about the book.

·
Registered
939 Posts
My husband took my daughter to the release party on Friday night here in Austin at "Book People" downtown.... Huge party and they had a blast (I didn't go because I was testing for my black belt in karate on Saturday and Sunday). Anyway, she got it at 1:00 am Saturday morning and finished the last 50 pages Sunday morning at 8am. She is almost 15 and has been a huge fan since the first book. The only reason she didn't finish it the night before is she had a church function and when she got home she fell asleep trying to read. I couldn't believe it! Now she is reading it AGAIN!

Judi

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i bought the book today. LOL. im a harry potter addict!!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Let's have a spinoff discussion about the book? anyone second that idea?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i TOTALLY agree!!! i'll hopefully finish the book within a few days.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts