Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have family on the East Coast and they are still without power and phone service.
I know some of you live in Florida. My heart goes out to you living without power. I can't even imagine not having power for so many days.
Hope everyone is ok and no damage to your homes. Just thinking of you all!!!!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
hope u all get power soon! goodluck...hope all is well!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
My daughter lives in Boca Raton and Wilma blew right through them. She said whole streets of Palms are flattened and they still don't have power. Their generator ran out of gas yesterday but they were able to find gas this morning....$20 limit per car. Her son is diabetic so they have to keep his insulin cool so the generator is a necessity for them. Their lanai cover is in the pool and all vegetation has been stripped but the nearby grocery store is open today so she is feeling that things are getting toward normal.

She's imagining how hard the people who lost their homes have it when she is out cooking a roast on the grill.....at least she has a roof over her head and is grateful for it.

The kids will be out of school for a whole week. The really ironic thing is that she moved to Florida because the tornados in the Dallas/Fort Worth area were freaking her out too much. In 7 years a tornado never got anywhere near them but the threat disturbed her and now she has to live through hours and hours of howling wind, bangs, thumps and bumps outside and not knowing what's happening. Then gets to go out and clean up limbs, downed trees, leaves and a broken lanai cover. I don't know about you but it seems to me she went from the frying pan into the fire.

Or is that because I so desperately want them back in Texas near me?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts