Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this posting from a family member on facebook. This poor baby looks miserable. Do we have any Malt rescues in the Iowa area that I could turn to?

http://www.cityofottumwa.org/files/files/01-25-11_white_dog.jpg

Must be claimed by 2/1/11. Found animals picked up by the Ottumwa Police are kept for seven days before being put down. Animals that have not been claimed by the owner after the first five days can to be adopted by any citizen if they pay the appropriate fees. Aggressive or vicious animals will not be adopted out....likewise, people unsuited to adopt an animal will be denied; such as a person who has been charged with hoarding or animal cruelty Animals may be claimed between 8AM and 4 PM - Monday through Friday at the Ottumwa Police Department.

·
Premium Member
6,092 Posts
Is there any way you could get this baby and keep her until you find a rescue? She looks so unhappy and scared.:crying: I just do NOT understand how anyone could let this happen. She(or he) is gorgeous even with the matted hair.

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Miki - can you get a hold of someone from Northcentral Maltese via PM? Maybe they have someone who can get her out.

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Thank you for forwarding the link to Edie. I haven't talked to my DH yet but I might be able to foster for a short time. Baby isn't adoptable until 1/30 so an owner can have time to claim him.
No problem Miki. Edie got it and is passing it along. I think it's doubtful that the owner will come, judging from the shape she's in.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You would be surprised. I've seen it happen before. It looks like he has had a hair cut in the last couple of months, don't you think? It has been so cold here I can't believe he survived being out for very long. It was in single digits here at the beginning of the week.

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
You would be surprised. I've seen it happen before. It looks like he has had a hair cut in the last couple of months, don't you think? It has been so cold here I can't believe he survived being out for very long. It was in single digits here at the beginning of the week.
Miki - did you look on Craigs List for that area to see if anyone reported a missing dog? I once found one's owners that way. Appears the shelter never checked. I'd look but I don't know what city she's in. Might be worth a shot.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well Edie is wonderful and has worked with me so I can foster this little guy. I can't get him until Monday morning. I heard that he will be in the same shape he was when picked up and that he will be very hungry. This is info from others who have picked up dogs from the Ottumwa animal control. I'll be cleaning and grooming him when I get back and we have a vet appt at 2:45. This should be quite the adventure. I'll be posting about it on Facebook. If you want you can friend me: Miki Miller

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
why

Oh dear Lord why oh why do people let these things happen? poor baby she looks so very,very sad.

I hope she finds a family soon! :huh:

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
God bless you

Well Edie is wonderful and has worked with me so I can foster this little guy. I can't get him until Monday morning. I heard that he will be in the same shape he was when picked up and that he will be very hungry. This is info from others who have picked up dogs from the Ottumwa animal control. I'll be cleaning and grooming him when I get back and we have a vet appt at 2:45. This should be quite the adventure. I'll be posting about it on Facebook. If you want you can friend me: Miki Miller
Oh dear thank God! you are an angel!

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Miki - how great. :chili::chili: I can't wait until she's out of there. Doesn't seem like there's much of a facility that cares for them since you get to it via the police site. So glad you're coming to her rescue. Do you have a place to cordon her off so Bogie's okay and not exposed to anything she might have? Can't wait to find out more about her. I'm not on FB much at all so hope you'll share here too. Thank you so much!!!:smootch:

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
That poor baby. :( She is in really bad shape...thank goodness you are able to foster her & give her a 2nd chance. You said it looks like she had been groomed within the last couple of months, but I don't know...I bet her hair is longer than it appears but it is REALLY matted. That's how it looks to me, anyway. She is completely yellow & brown except for right around her nose. :( Pleeeeease keep us updated on her and take her "after" pics for us to see her new life. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts