Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We've been here for just over 2 months now, so I thought I would share some updates ...

Front of the house, before we moved in ... that shadecloth had to go!!!

Shadecloth GONE!! :chili: I actually took it down before we even moved in, thats how much I hated it!! lol

The bathroom, although spotlessly clean, needed a bit of a face lift .....

Before:

After a quick lick of paint .....

So far, this little project has taken the longest (5 week order on the fence) and cost the most!! But I am THRILLED with the result ...

Front fence Before ... (can anyone say U.G.L.Y!)

After:

The driveway gate is motorised, so I LOVE that at the press of a button, I can just drive on in! No more getting out of the car in the dark, or cold, or rain!! :chili:

A few more pics to come .......

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
You did a great job Jaqui. We have automatic garage door openers here. So I know all about how great it is to push a button.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The house didn't have a driveway when we moved in ....

So I had a driveway done at the same time as the fences .....

The front yard is now 100% puppy proof, and H & D LOVE to romp out there!!!

A little side project was the teeny tiny spare room - it will one day become my laundry room (currently the laundry is in the bathroom), but for now, its a nice, cosy little guest room.

Spare room Before:

Spare Room After:

H & D approve! :wub:

Thanks for looking! :)

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Wow, you have been so busy!!! I just loooooove the new fence you had put in, it's so beautiful! I should post pics of some home improvements my husband and I have done as well to our old 1904 house. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Your renovations look great!!! I love seeing before and after shots of houses being redone!! Congratulations and great job!!

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
WOW! It looks gorgeous! You have made such wonderful improvements! I just love looking at before and afters, so keep them coming!

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Wow what a lot of work.I love the fence,it really brightened up the place,It looks charming compared to the old prison fencing...
Is that the post box built in the fence,that's a clever idea!
Is the spare room now the Harley and Dakota salon?

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, you have been so busy!!! I just loooooove the new fence you had put in, it's so beautiful! I should post pics of some home improvements my husband and I have done as well to our old 1904 house. Thanks for sharing!
Please do!! I would love to see them!! As you can see, my house is not brand spanking new, and I love to see the older styles!!

Your renovations look great!!! I love seeing before and after shots of houses being redone!! Congratulations and great job!!
Thanks, all the hard work is starting to pay off! :)

WOW! It looks gorgeous! You have made such wonderful improvements! I just love looking at before and afters, so keep them coming!
Thanks Nicole, I also love to look back to see what I have achieved, its a good feeling!

Wow what a lot of work.I love the fence,it really brightened up the place,It looks charming compared to the old prison fencing...
Is that the post box built in the fence,that's a clever idea!
Is the spare room now the Harley and Dakota salon?
LOL @ "Prison Fencing" - so true, it was horrible!!!

Yes, my post box is built into the fence - I spent 2 weekends driving around searching high & low for just the right one to give to the fence people so they could install it! lol Worth it in the end :)

Harley & Dakota love it in the spare room - because I keep the door shut & only let them in if I need to go in there for some reason ... they get excited because its the only room they don't get to go in all the time! lol

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You did a great job Jaqui. We have automatic garage door openers here. So I know all about how great it is to push a button.
Thanks Janine - the button is awesome!! Its the first time EVER I have had one ... I toyed with the extra cost, but in the end I figured why not!! LOL It was expensive, but soooooooooooo worth it!!!:chili:

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
This is what I call the 'useless room' - its the room that you walk into from the front door - its a skinny, long room, and I really don't know what I'm going to do with it ... I think I need to move me some walls!! LOL

.... here it is before we moved in ...

I havent actually done anything to this room - other than remove the carpet, and have the floors sanded & polished .....

After:

I just realised you can see a little patch on the wall that I used a sample colour on! lol ... oh well, busted!!:blush: lol And yes, the table only has 5 chairs ... the 6th is in the garage, at my sewing table! lol

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
woah, what an amazing transformation...and all those hard work!! You did a great job :aktion033:

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
woah, what an amazing transformation...and all those hard work!! You did a great job :aktion033:
Thank you!! I'm quite proud of myself! :blush: :thumbsup:

Wow, you transformed the house...it looks so warm and inviting now, especially with that fence...Love it.
Thanks so much, the fence really did make a great before/after story - it was sooooo bad to begin with, I couldn't really make it any worse!! LOL!!

Jac, you've done a great job!!! It's looking wonderful and I LOVE the fence!!!

Linda
Thanks Linda!! I love the fence too!! It has made such a HUGE difference .... I'm half tempted to contact the estate agent I purchased from to ask for an evaluation! LOL!! Not really though, we are not moving again for a very, VERY long time!!!

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Those gorgeous floors were under that carpet? Wow! Looks fantastic now!
Thank you! Yes, the hardwood was hidden away for years & years - I LOVE how they have come up .. there are quiet a few 'imperfections' with them, but I love that, it's what I like to call 'character' :)

ETA - plus, the floors are SO forgiving - I haven't vacuumed for a whole week and I just took this pic today! lol I was advised to get 'low sheen' instead of a high gloss - and I'm glad I did!! Apparently the high gloss finish shows more dirt, dust & scratches.

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
WOW!!! You have done some FANTASTIC! job renovating your home! You must feel so proud of yourself!.. Know it's been a lot of hard work but appears it's been a labor of love and it shows! :aktion033:

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Wow, I am impressed!!! You have done a wonderful job!! Did you ever think about getting a job on HGTV??? You may not know what that show is over there but they do a lot of renovation programs~~~Great job!!!!:chili::chili::chili:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts