Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I adopted Clemens 2 months ago. He is an older Malt possibly between 10-12 years old. The past couple of mornings when I have picked him up from the bed he has cried out in pain. I went to see the vet today and she said it was arthritis. She told me to give him some baby asprin to help him manage the pain. I love this little guy very much. I hate to see him like this. Does anyone on the forum have some additional suggestions to help him with his pain?
Thanks
Michelle

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Originally posted by DoraClemens@Oct 28 2005, 05:36 PM
I adopted Clemens 2 months ago. He is an older Malt possibly between 10-12 years old. The past couple of mornings when I have picked him up from the bed he has cried out in pain. I went to see the vet today and she said it was arthritis. She told me to give him some baby asprin to help him manage the pain. I love this little guy very much. I hate to see him like this. Does anyone on the forum have some additional suggestions to help him with his pain?
Thanks
Michelle
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=114377
[/QUOTE]

Poor little Clemens I am so sorry he is in pain.
Have you tried him on Glucosomine and Chondroitin for his arthritis, sometimes that is a great help with aging joints. Scooby has been taking it now for over a year and he is only 2 but he had a slight Luxating Patella which I am now pleased to say doesn't seem to bother him at all any more.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Bless you for adopting a senior! Aren't they just the best? My Lady is 10 and just keeps getting more and more wonderful with every year!

Lady also has terrible arthritis. A glucosamine and chrondrotin supplement has helped her tremendously. Be sure to get a good one, though. Some of the less expensive ones don't have enough glucosamine and chondrotin to really help. My vet said Lady need 300 mg of glucosamine everyday. If oyu read the labels on the cheaper ones, they don't have nearly enough. The same goes for senior food that adds G & C - again, not enough.

I give Lady Glycoflex. Cosequin is another really good one.

http://www.kvvet.com/KVVet/search_results....t=false&GiftID=

1 - 4 of 4 Posts