Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tessa has always been my social butterfly and Sweetness is more of a mama's girl, a bit on the shy side. When we get together with other dogs, if there's too much activity going on, Sweetness will come over to me and ask for uppies to get out of the way.

They've been going to doggy day care every other week since July and Tessa has absolutely loved it. Sweetness always tried to leave with me (broke my heart) but I would watch her on the camera afterwards and she was fine once I was gone - played with Tessa and snuggled up happily to the humans that were there. When there were other dogs around, she would go looking for a human though.

Yesterday I went to drop them off and as always Tessa went straight to greet Laura (the manager) with her tail wagging and lo and behold Sweetness was right behind her! Sweetness' little tail was wagging like crazy and she gave Laura a play bow! :aktion033: She had her tail wagging and went ahead of Laura into the play area - didn't even look back at me as if I wasn't even there!

When I went to pick them up, one of the owners was there and he said he couldn't believe the difference in Sweetness this time - she was playing with the other dogs and not shy at all! I guess my baby girl is growing up! :smcry:

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
How sweet, you can enjoy your day much more knowing she is enjoying herself too and not missing you so much. That sounds like a really nice daycare.

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
Your little girl is growing up! Its great that she's doing so much better. Zoey went to day care when she was younger and she loved going. Your day care sounds nice and I'm glad its helping Sweetness.

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Yeah!!!!! It really sounds like she just needed a little extra time to come out of her shell. Its so sad to see her grow up I am sure but it must made you feel really good to know that she's having a GREAT time!

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
That's wonderful news. I'm glad Sweetness is starting to enjoy the daycare and making more friends. She's following in sissy's paw steps, alright. :wub:

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Maggie -- what a sweet story. It does remind me of Lacie and Tilly. Lacie is like Tessa and Tilly is like Sweetness. Tilly relies a lot on Lacie for her security when we are out with others. If you remember -- Tilly was also a rescue so I do believe that has a lot to do with it.

Mom -- it's actually very good that Sweetness has adjusted so well to the doggie day care routine and is having fun while there. She still loves you best, though. :)

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
That's so sweet! Loved reading about that (Sweetness sounds like Bisou). It seems like you have a good day care too since she's come of our her shell a bit and is more comfortable. I know that eases your mind!

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Oh that is GREAT and wonderful news. That's how my two are. Leo, lover of the world, and Mia a bit on the shy side. Oh so happy for Tessa, bless you and her!!!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Maggie - how wonderful :chili::chili: It actually reminded me of my DS when he went to pre-school. I was a wreck, it felt like my heart was being ripped out, he wanted to follow me but they were quite strict. Oh what a relief the day he wanted to walk down the long path to the school alone (the principal shook every child's hand) with a smile and not looking back. It just feels soooo good and I had a smile on my face the rest of the day:) I'm sure it was the same for you with Sweetness. Congrats:chili:

·
Super Moderator
10,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maggie -- what a sweet story. It does remind me of Lacie and Tilly. Lacie is like Tessa and Tilly is like Sweetness. Tilly relies a lot on Lacie for her security when we are out with others. If you remember -- Tilly was also a rescue so I do believe that has a lot to do with it.
. :)
LOL! Tessa is the rescue! That is what is odd about it - my rescue acts like she should be a greeter at Walmart!

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
How sweet is that?! Sweetness is getting more confident and sure is growing up! You must feel so much better now knowing that she is enjoying herself at daycare!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts