Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Hope you are all doing well. My Maltese passed away and I am so depressed. Hopefully, you people know about my situation right now. It's very hard for me to get out of his thoughts. But somehow I managed to go for a new dog. I am thinking again for Maltese, but many of my close mates recommending me some other breeds including the poodle, Shi Tzu, mini Bernedoodle, and many other dogs mainly from this list.
Can you please help to choose the right breed for me. I wanted a dog which can live longer with me. Now my main preference is their life span with good qualities of a family dog. Please help if anyone here have the experience of these breeds.

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Im so sorry for your loss. I wish I could help you decide but only you can make that decision on which breed to choose. I personally have had good luck with my maltese, one living to 18 and my rescue was 14 when she passed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. maddiesmom is correct, only you know what is right for you. I had a chocolate lab two dogs ago, and he was absolutely wonderful; a great family dog. My last dog was a Maltese/Yorkie mix and he was also a great dog. I now have an 11 month old Maltese and he just makes me laugh every day. I chose the smaller dogs after the lab because I am older now, so it's just easier. Also, there's isn't shedding to deal with. These were important factors for me, which might not be major factors for you. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
7,036 Posts
My Maltese is 15 and doing pretty well, still happy, still barking and still enjoying life. There is no guarantee with dogs or humans as far as life span goes. You need to pick the breed that is right for you considering many things like lifestyle and maintenance, and expense . Of course in this group, we love all dogs but Maltese are our favorite. It's hard losing a member of your family and it hurts a lot. When you are really you will find the right dog for you.

·
Registered
209 Posts
So Sorry for your loss. No matter what puppy you get I am sure it will make you very happy! Animals are so good!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, Hope you are all doing well. My Maltese passed away and I am so depressed. Hopefully, you people know about my situation right now. It's very hard for me to get out of his thoughts. But somehow I managed to go for a new dog. I am thinking again for Maltese, but many of my close mates recommending me some other breeds including the poodle, Shi Tzu, mini Bernedoodle, and many other dogs mainly from this list.
Can you please help to choose the right breed for me. I wanted a dog which can live longer with me. Now my main preference is their life span with good qualities of a family dog. Please help if anyone here have the experience of these breeds.
So sorry for your loss. We lost our first Maltese 3 years ago and my husband wanted another one almost immediately. I was against getting one so soon and was very unsure about another Maltese, only because I was afraid it would make me sad. We got ours three months after our loss and have not regretted one single day. I think any dog that you will get, you will love. good luck and again, so sorry.

·
Super Moderator
Walter & Casper with Lucky (forever in my heart).
9,940 Posts
So sorry for your loss

1 - 9 of 9 Posts