Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why idoes my lil Chloe's hair not get matted all. Promise, I'm not complaining, but she's 7 mths old and I may brush her 2x's a week and no knots at all. I haven't had her hair cut yet. She has the silky hair. I do use conditioner when I bathe her and also I spray some detangling stuff on her after her bath. Could this be why she doesn't knot?

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
It could help but your little girl may get some mats as she matures (around 10 months or so) so don't be surprised. Maybe not though! Maybe your baby will be a lucky one!

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
It could be that she has that wonderful, carefree puppy coat & her adult coat hasn't come in yet - ENJOY it!! lol!!

Or, it could be that you are just incredibly lucky!! ... again, ENJOY it!!!

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
Good for you and Chole!:thumbsup:
Zoey and Emy mat pretty easy but Tess never has a mat. I comb them all at the same time and I'm always amazed that Tess is mat free. She's almost 5 and her coat has always been like this. I use the some products on all three.
My problem is Tess has SO much hair. Its thick and fluffy. She's looks much bigger than she is because she's all hair. Zoey has a beautiful coat but hates to be groomed. My girl with the best coat is puppy cut because she hates the grooming so much and the one with the coat I don't care for doesn't mat and enjoys being groomed. :blink:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the responses. I have a feeling when she gets her adult coat, I may not be so lucky, but we'll see ; )

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Wow, lucky you!! :aktion033: If my malts had that silky hair I'd be doing back flips down the middle of the street :chili::chili:!!!

Hope it stays that way for you :thumbsup:

·
Registered
87 Posts
O gosh how I miss the no matt days lol.. we didnt have problems with matts until Jasper was around 10-11 months old, then the nightmare began.. lol ..ahh your lucky.. I hope your little one will stay matt free.

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Mine are like that too,the cocker is a different story,she mostly matts on the armpits though. All mine are more silky,except Emily,she's a cotton ball but I use olive oil reinse and a little Cowboy Majic on the bums and no matts and only the rare hitchhikers...

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just wanted to give an update. I originally posted this question when Chloe was 7 mths old. She turned 10 mths a couple weeks ago and that's when the matting began!!! LOL - Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
enjoy it , because dolce was mat free and all of a sudden he just scratches and he has a matt. hopefully ur baby never gets a matt!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Just wanted to give an update. I originally posted this question when Chloe was 7 mths old. She turned 10 mths a couple weeks ago and that's when the matting began!!! LOL - Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.
Just when you think it's safe to go back in the water. :w00t::w00t: :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: Welcome to the ocean of mats. Now that Chloe has them, I would brush at least once every day and I did get a harness lined with satin from Angelynn at Tickled Pink Boutique that has helped immensely. I found that harnesses and clothes really lend to the matting problem.Also work at getting out the mats when they are tiny. Good luck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts