Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: Just taking a break from cooking.Wanted to share with you guys what a cluts I am today.I was putting punkin pies back in the oven after putting foil on them so the crusts wouldnt get to brown.And then the slow motion began....one started to fall ..i tried to catch it...burned my hand,punkin ALL over the oven door & floor & drawer at the bottom.CHIPPED my new oven(old one was 12 years old) so this is my new pride & joy.LOL,THEN i wasa cleaning up the mess and lost a measuring spoon down the garabge dissposial,finally got it and droppped it down there again !!!!
SO now every time i turn around im wiping punkin trails off the door and bottom of the stove,HOW MUCH IS THEIR LEFT ,lmao its coming from no where i know there wasent THAT much in that pie !!! So that sums it all up. Hope your days are better,pheww sorry thats so long,but i feel better now

·
Registered
942 Posts
Sounds like there's never a dull moment in your kitchen!
:D

I just found a crack in my water heater pipe...this morning...and no stores are open, plumbers are charging overtime hours $180!!!!!! And that's just a visit. So now I am wasting water, my water bill is going to be huge, and I'll either have to wait until Sunday or Monday to replace the one I have because it is rusted.

Wanna switch lives for a little bit? I would much rather pick up pumpkin spillins anyday!

Ok...feeling sorry for myself again!!

Can someone have a nervous breakdown at 28 years old?

~Elegant

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
awww, that totallysucks!!! for both of you!!! thank god we havent had trouble today. i hope you guys still had a fun christmas!!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Neither of y'all probably want to hear this but I just have to say it. On bad days you have to count your blessings. You aren't in Iraq, you aren't homeless, you are healthy, etc. It sucks that your holidays weren't good, but maybe next year you'll be able to laugh about it. Meanwhile, we all have much to be thankful for. I'm sorry - just had to say it.
Here's hoping you have a great New Year.....Susan

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Dec 25 2004, 11:20 PM
Neither of y'all probably want to hear this but I just have to say it.  On bad days you have to count your blessings.  You aren't in Iraq, you aren't homeless, you are healthy, etc.  It sucks that your holidays weren't good, but maybe next year you'll be able to laugh about it.  Meanwhile, we all have much to be thankful for.  I'm sorry - just had to say it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25386
[/QUOTE]
You are so right,thank you for reminding us

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Hope your day is going better today!? Its gotta be better than yesterday. :D

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
This year I made it easy on myself. I made spaghett sauce in the crockpot. Family looked at me like I was nuts, but they don't help much so I told them this was it. And you know what, it was the best. Easy dinner, easy cleanup and I was able to enjoy. I bought a pie, made a salad, had some great bread and a couple bottles of good wine. Was so nice for me. All those years I made a huged dinner and had a bigger cleanup afterwards. I think for now on all holidays are going to be a much easier meal.

Next year I told them I and hubby are going on a cruise at Christmas. My kids are both grown up now. They both acted liked I was killing them, but oh well.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by MomtwoMaltmuffins@Dec 26 2004, 06:29 PM
Sheila, I can totally relate - that is exactly something I would do LOL my middle name is klutz.

Dont feel bad about the chip in the new oven, I did basically the same thing when we installed our laminate floor - it was only in for less than 5 hours, we were heading off to the airport to pick up relatives and the flooring guy was laying the last piece and that evening I felt so bad - mega klutz.  I was taking a pair of scissors out of the drawer and it dropped point first right into the laminate creating a small hole - I wanted to cry.  So I guess you can consider your oven christened!!!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25445
[/QUOTE]
Thanks MOmtwomaltmufffins,at least you have made me smile about something.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Dec 25 2004, 08:20 PM
Neither of y'all probably want to hear this but I just have to say it.  On bad days you have to count your blessings.  You aren't in Iraq, you aren't homeless, you are healthy, etc.  It sucks that your holidays weren't good, but maybe next year you'll be able to laugh about it.  Meanwhile, we all have much to be thankful for.  I'm sorry - just had to say it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25386
[/QUOTE]
Ya, you're right, I really didn't want to hear that...at all!!!
:D

I was just telling my bf that I am very self-absorbed. I get depressed and mad and stuff, but never hide it to protect him...he doesn't need to know I am upset about everything and anything. I forget that I affect him too. I'm a jerk sometimes.

Also, I don't like to compare myself to someone who has it worse than me because I have had it worse and have worked hard to be where I am today, and all of that doesn't matter when bad things are happening to you right now, and all at the same time, you know?
It really does suck and it can be very overwhelming. :new_Eyecrazy:

I do have lots to be thankful for, BUT
it creates more stress on top of more stress and it becomes unbearable to the point where I need to tell someone about it, and here I am typing away.

Just these last two weeks I have:
-almost gotten killed because the acceleration pedal on a rental car got stuck on the freeway in wall to wall traffic and it was a pain in the a** to survive that until the acceleration pedal lifted by itself
-had a horrible IEP (individualized education plan) meeting for a special education child in my class where parents were verbally attacking me and I had to defend myself-plus, they have been bothering me for 4 months now
-got into a self-inflicted stupid car accident where I will haveto pay $3300 or more
-my water heater pipe is cracked and flowing water like the mighty mississippi (new water heater $500+ plus $250 installation fee!)
-will have to pay about $450 + to rent the car that I have to use while my car is being fixed

I am not made of freaking money~~~

When things pile on, it isn't fun.

I am very happy for everyone that has had a great holiday, I just feel like I am in one of those Chevy Chase vacation movies!!!

~Elegant

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Elegant@Dec 26 2004, 09:42 PM
Just these last two weeks I have:
-almost gotten killed because the acceleration pedal on a rental car got stuck on the freeway in wall to wall traffic and it was a pain in the a** to survive that until the acceleration pedal lifted by itself
-had a horrible IEP (individualized education plan) meeting for a special education child in my class where parents were verbally attacking me and I had to defend myself-plus, they have been bothering me for 4 months now
-got into a self-inflicted stupid car accident where I will haveto pay $3300 or more
-my water heater pipe is cracked and flowing water like the mighty mississippi (new water heater $500+ plus $250 installation fee!)
-will have to pay about $450 + to rent the car that I have to use while my car is being fixed

I am not made of freaking money~~~

When things pile on, it isn't fun.

I am very happy for everyone that has had a great holiday, I just feel like I am in one of those Chevy Chase vacation movies!!! 

~Elegant
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=25466
[/QUOTE]

I totally understand how you feel and sometimes just talking about it, makes us feel better. You have had a lot of bad things happen lately and it is understandable that you are feeling overwhelmed.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Someone sent me this today and it seems appropriate for this thread! This time of year is always a good time to reflect on the message of this story.....

The Cab Ride...

Twenty years ago, I drove a cab for a living and had a fare I never will forget.

When I arrived at 2:30 a.m., the building was dark except for a single light in a ground floor window.

Under these circumstances, many drivers would just honk once or twice, wait a minute, then drive away.

But, I had seen too many impoverished people who depended on taxis as their only means of transportation.

Unless a situation smelled of danger, I always went to the door. This passenger might be someone who needs my assistance, I reasoned to myself.

So I walked to the door and knocked.

"Just a minute," answered a frail, elderly voice. I could hear something being dragged across the floor.

After a long pause, the door opened.

A small woman in her 80's stood before me.

She was wearing a print dress and a pillbox hat with a veil pinned on it, like somebody out of a 1940's movie.

By her side was a small nylon suitcase. The apartment looked as if no one had lived in it for years. All the furniture was covered with sheets. There were no clocks on the walls, no knickknacks or utensils on the counters. In the corner was a cardboard box filled with photos and glassware.

"Would you carry my bag out to the car?" she said.

I took the suitcase to the cab, then returned to assist the woman.

She took my arm and we walked slowly toward the curb. She kept thanking me for my kindness.

"It's nothing," I told her. "I just try to treat my passengers the way I would want my mother treated."

"Oh, you're such a good boy," she said.

When we got in the cab, she gave me an address, then asked, "Could you drive through downtown?"

"It's not the shortest way," I answered quickly.

"Oh, I don't mind," she said. "I'm in no hurry. I'm on my way to a hospice."

I looked in the rear-view mirror. Her eyes were glistening. "I don't have any family left," she continued. "The doctor says I don't have very long."

I quietly reached over and shut off the meter. "What route would you like me to take?" I asked.

For the next two hours, we drove through the city. She showed me the building where she had once worked as an elevator operator.

We drove through the neighborhood where she and her husband had lived when they were newlyweds. She had me pull up in front of a furniture warehouse that had once been a ballroom where she had gone dancing as a girl.

Sometimes she'd ask me to slow in front of a particular building or corner and would sit staring into the darkness, saying nothing.

As the first hint of sun was creasing the horizon, she suddenly said, "I'm tired. Let's go now."

We drove in silence to the address she had given me. It was a low building, like a small convalescent home, with a driveway that passed under a portico.

Two orderlies came out to the cab as soon as we pulled up. They were solicitous and intent, watching her every move. They must have been expecting her.

I opened the trunk and took the small suitcase to the door. The woman was already seated in a wheelchair.

"How much do I owe you?" she asked, reaching into her purse.

"Nothing," I said.

"You have to make a living," she answered.

"There are other passengers," I responded.

Almost without thinking, I bent and gave her a hug. She held onto me tightly.

"You gave an old woman a little moment of joy," she said. "Thank you."

I squeezed her hand, then walked into the dim morning light.

Behind me, a door shut. It was the sound of the closing of a life. I didn't pick up any more passengers that shift. I drove aimlessly lost in thought. For the rest of that day, I could hardly talk.

What if that woman had gotten an angry driver, or one who was impatient to end his shift?

What if I had refused to take the run, or had honked once, then driven away?

On a quick review, I don't think that I have done anything more important in my life. We're conditioned to think that our lives revolve around great moments.

But great moments often catch us unaware - beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one.

PEOPLE MAY NOT REMEMBER EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID, OR WHAT YOU SAID,

~ BUT ~

THEY WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts