Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I bought a replica LV bag for fun. The replica ones are still not cheap and with shipping it cost even more

So, it came in the mail today and the seller sent me the wrong one! She sends me the large one instead of the smaller one. This bag is so huge! I can fit all four of my furkids in it.

I don't know what I am going to do with this. If I send it back to her and get the other, I will be short at least $60 for all the shipping back and forth.

Here's the bag..

Here's how big it is. I have a stuff animal in there that is around the size of Sparkle. I didn't want to put my kids in there since I may resell it.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
That's awful. Its a huge bag. I am just curious...how much did you pay for it? Since its the seller's fault, can you ask for a compensation for mailing it back to her?

Did you also say that you bought the replica of large Juicy carrier? I may be confusing you with someone else. If you did, I have one of those and its fairly large too.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I bought a replica Juicy bag too. I went crazy one week and bought both the replica LV and Juicy bags since they were so popular. I am very unhappy with the size. I am guessing I won't be happy with the Juicy one either. What a waste of money! With the amount I spent on these two replicas, I could almost get the bag I really wanted - the Petote Madison bag. Argh!!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
CharmyPoo,

Don't feel bad. That kind of stuff happens to me all the time. Although I am happy with the Juicy, the handles aren't all that comfortable. And I still feel so guilty over how much I paid for the real thing (now knowing that I could have gotten a replica one for a ton cheaper).

You didn't say how much you paid for the replica of LV bag.

Also, the Juicy is not as huge as the LV bag, but it can probably fit at least 2 of your kids. The smaller sized one would be large enough for any of your babies.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
If it is really big enough to stick all your Maltese in it, keep it. It can be your emergency bag. If there is some kind of natural disaster or whatever, surely it would be easier to run out of there with everyone in ONE bag than four separate bags?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now, that's a good way of thinking about it
I was talking to my boyfriend saying I guess we could use it when we take them all to the park. He was like .. they will be on leads .. how can you carry all that. But if there is a fire, I can pack them all in and run!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Apr 9 2005, 10:32 PM
Have you contacted the seller to tell her/him?  I believe that s/he should pay for all the additional shipping charges.  Perhaps, in the end,  you can get what you really paid for. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=51034
[/QUOTE]

I agree. If it's seller's mistake, you should get full refund including shipping fee.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I would contact the seller as well. It's their fault you received the incorrect bag, so you shouldn't be responsible for any further shipping charges.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Even though it's not what you wanted, it seems like you got a good deal.
You paid for a smaller bag, right? :D

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They are usually around $100-$200 on ebay and ioffer. I know the distributors in China charges around $40-$150 when I emailed them for quotes but they all need a min order of at least 5.

·
Registered
76 Posts
other than the size, are you happy with the quality of the bag? It looks really nice! I'll bet you'd have no trouble re-selling it if that's what you'd prefer to do.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Originally posted by JCButterfly@Apr 12 2005, 10:30 AM
other than the size, are you happy with the quality of the bag?  It looks really nice!  I'll bet you'd have no trouble re-selling it if that's what you'd prefer to do.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=51852
[/QUOTE]

I am actually very curious about the quality of the bag too. Since you have mentioned the bag, I have been half-thinking about buying one for Miko to travel in. I am obviously obsessed with dog carriers!!!!!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I haven't gotten the Juicy bag yet.

About the LV bag, it really depends on your definition of quality. It is definetly not at the standard of a real LV bag. First of all, I got a lower grade knock off which isn't even made of leather. The stitching isn't perfect. However, it is a good quality bag that will not fall apart on you. I would say it is at the level of most dog bags you buy BUT not at the quality of an LV bag. For me, I didn't need it to be perfect. The bag will get dirty from the furkids and will get ruined relatively quickly. I am not willing to pay over a thousand for a dog bag.

On the other hand, I was in New York on Canal Street (the entire street sells replica goods). I saw a replica dog bag there made of leather and was really high quality. I would say it was almost identical to the real one. I have also seen the real ones so there are design differences. For example, the real one has straps that go all the way around the bottom. The LVs are upside down on the back. The fake one doesn't have either of these features.

I have no plans of passing this off as a real bag but I would say it is a great bag especially for a larger maltese or toy breed. One thing I am not too fond of is the mesh - it is made out of metal as is the real one. I would prefer a cloth mesh.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Still no Juicy bag and no response about the LV bag! I have such good luck.

On the other hand, I saw the new pink croc Juicy bag in New York this weekend. I loved it!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts