Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my neighbor's just moved out at the end of March. I just found out yesterday they had to gut her apartment. They have to replace everything except the refrigerator, shove and dishwasher. You are only supposed to have up to 2 animals in your apartment. I knew that she had 2 dogs, a 5-6 cats, a couple guinnea pigs, and a couple rabbits. Well it turns out she had 2 dogs, a 5-6 cats, 50 rabbits, and not sure how many gunnea pigs. OMG!!! I guess she slept on a futon in her living room and had the rabbits in cages in her apartment. The workers say it sticks in the apartment. Everything is soaked in urine. They had to rip out everything and dissinfect everything twice, then seal it. They were able to paint it yesterday and will not know for sure until today if they were able to go the urine smell out.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
oh...my... There was a special on recently about a woman with that many cats and they were showing animal control trying to catch them to get them taken care of. Its some kind of disease or something with these folks. They start out thinking they are helping the animals, and then it gets out of control. Imagine with rabbits!

Did you ever notice the smell or anything? I would think it would permeate the walls eventually. We have a place near us with a ton of cats, but its near the woods. Recently they started a new development there and Animal Control has been to that house a few times since. I cant imagine what its like in there since they have been growing cats since I was a child.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
:eek: Yuck!
It is people like that who make it where people cannot have pets when they rent!
Not fair to the responsible people.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I never noticed the smell. I mean every so often you would get a wiff of something but I never realized it was her.

What is weird is that she does independent rescue and works with some rescue groups.

Oh, they are making her pay for all of the work.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
How come she never got caught!? That's horrible!

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The pet policies are really inforced at my complex. You are also not supposed to have dogs that weigh more then 40lbs. There are at least 5 or 6 dogs that are over that. As long as you keep them on a leash and clean up their pop they don't really care.

The complex had to know because they have to go into the apartments at least twice a year to change the filters, another time to check the smoke detectors, and another time to spray for bugs under the sinks. That isn't counting the times they come in to fix things. There is no way they couldn't have known. The smoke detector is in bedroom where she had the rabbits.

·
Registered
323 Posts
you just saved me a few calories, I was reading the posts and eating my lunch then I came to this one and lost my appetite, so thanks, you helped me with my diet.
...what was that woman thinking, I could never live like that....well maybe I could have a herd of Malts but rabbits in an apartment, ughhhhhh.....

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Jeez, I get crap from people all the time when they find out that Peanut uses puppy pads and he is actually allowed to 'go' in the house...I wonder what they would all say about how this woman was living.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't think they got the smell out yet. The patio door and one of the bedroom windows were open all weekend.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts