Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Photobucket is having problems with some of their albumns (mine is one of them). They are trying to get it back up but the users with have to reupload there photos.
I've decided to look for a new free online photo album website. I love Smug Mug, but it is $29.95 a year. Not bad, but I would prefer free. It does eveything that I want, though. The main thing I am looking for is the ability to get the individual photo links to post in in the posts here or ebaby or something like that. Also to have it be a public ablum and not have to invite people to visit. Oh, and the photos are uploaded right away. I found one that takes a couple of hours for the photos to appear on the internet. <_< Smug Mug is the only one I have found so far that has everything I'm looking for, except for the price.

Does anyone know of a site like this? I looked at Shutterfly but it doesn't have the individual photo links to post here.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I wish I could help, but I just use my own personal website to host my pictures.. and that runs me $9.95 a month.. but I use it for a ton of other things than just Tuffy pictures.
You can hot link from mypetpages.net (for now) if you just want to create an album for Lexi and post pictures here and that's free (for now)

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used to email people the the picture as attachement but there are a lot of viruses getting set through email as attachements. This means that some people has email that does not except email with attachements. Also there are now viruses that can be stored in jpegs. I use an online photo album so that people don't have to download the pictures. They can just go to the website and view them. Also I noticed a lot of the websites now have a feature that allows you to disable right-clicking on the picture (make it hard for people to copy the picture).

Another reason I like it is because when it always me to post a picture in the forum post. So if I'm talking about something people don't have to go to another site to see what I mean.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
join msn groups. open a new group and you can post A BUNCH of pics, and its free. check out mine, and i still have a little bit of room to add pics.

msn.groups.com/maltesedogsandfriends

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! I've decided to stick with the SmugMug album. Yeah it cost $29.95 a year but when I thought about it it is not that bad. Plus you can order prints right from the site. I REALLY, REALLY like it. It has all of the features that I wanted.

Oh, if anyone else is interested in signing up for it they have a referral program. You can use my coupon code and save $5 (plus I get $10 for every person I refer). Once you sign up you will get a coupon also for people to use. All you have to do is go to SmugMug, click on sign up and enter TlYNXwBy1PDJU in the coupon section.

Here is the link to the rest of my album: Online Photo Gallery

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
ok, here is my best kept secret, and its free http://www.hostedimage.com/signup.php?sokey=mww6q

they have free and pay plans, i have used the free one for a long time with no problems, it allows you an easy interface with the ability to use photos in forums, ebay, etc.

if you go with the link above it says "pay with paypal" but it never asks you for money if you follow that link, just name, password, etc.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I use this...

Imageshack

It is free to host like on forum pages such as this...will resize them etc...for free....
It is quick and easy. I think they have some pay options too, but this works so far for me. Found it through a search engine.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
i use pbase which is a site a lot of photographers use, they also use smugmug...i like them both..i just happend upon pbase first....great pics lexis mom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts