Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went up to Maryland to get my oldest son checked into a hospital this week. My husband and i drove straight through to make sure we got up there in time to get him to the Public Defender to get his court date postponed since he was going to be in the hospital. My son than decided to tell us that he didn't need to be checked into the hospital. Needless to say i was beyond pissed that we had done all of this to get him checked in and to get him the help he needed. My husband and i know that we did all we can for him and if something happens to him we will not blame ourselves because we did all we could. I'm just so sad that he wouldn't get the help he needs at least for his children.

There was one bright spot of the trip, we got to see all three of the grandchildren on Monday. We picked up Taylor our 7 year old grandson and then went to pick up Tristan (2) and Gracie (9 months) and spent the day with them. I loved spending time with them and miss them so much. We spent the night at Taylors other grandparents on Monday night and left Tuesday to come back home. Taylor is quite a sports fanatic and has to be dressed in the appropiate uniform to play whatever sport we are playing. We played baseball with him and before we could begin the game we had to sing the National Anthem and then we could carry on with the game. That boy has quite an arm on him and was hitting the ball across the street to the neighbors yard which is quite a distance. I also got to attend his first swimming lesson class and then we went to dinner came home and he read us a story "Green Eggs and Ham" in the middle of the story he told my husband and i that Dr. Seuss was the best writer ever. We played baseball again on Tuesday before we left and had to sing the "National Anthem" again before we could start our game. We were exhausted after the game and we were in the basement getting our stuff together and i turned around and Taylor is jogging on the treadmill. Lol. That boy has an unbelievable amount of energy and when we were leaving he was playing football with his momom. His dadad competed in a triathalon and Taylor wants to someday compete in a children's triathalon. The best part was when he said he needed some Yia Yia (that's Greek for grandma and that's what he calls me) time and the next day he told my husband he needed some Pawpaw time. I love all of my grandchildren but Taylor is the first one and he is my heart and soul.

Taylor on our way to pick up Tristan and Gracie

Gracie, Taylor and Tristan

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Debbie - I'm so sorry that things didn't work out with your son. They are often their own worst enemies. I don't know what his issues are but I hope he somehow figures out who the good and bad guys are and what's important in life...his kids. I know how disappointed you must be.
On the other hand, what very bright spots those children are. Taylor sounds like a little pistol. I especially love the anthem singing. :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: How cute! He looks adorable too. :wub: And the Tristan and Gracie are so cute. Are these all your son's children? I couldn't imagine letting these three down. Nothing's worth that but I'm also so glad they have such wonderful loving grandparents. Here's an extra hug. :hugging:

·
Premium Member
24,175 Posts
awww Debbie, I know the trip wasn't what you had hoped for, Joe will have to make his own decisions in life, good or bad, there's really nothing we can do as parents but love them and pray for them and just be there for them. I'm sure your mentally, physically and spiritually exhausted. Try and get some rest my friend.
Your grandkids are adorable, I have a deep bond with my oldest grandson, I helped raise him for four years, so I understand what you are feeling. I'm so glad your home, sweet dreams

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Your grandchildren are darling.........I can see why you like the oldest. He looks like he has the best heart!! Sorry about your son. Parents always seem to bear the brunt of what older children put them through. I am so sorry. I think you have an excellent attitude about it because you both did what you could, now it is up to him.........God bless!!!

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Oh Debbie, your grandchildren are darling. You just rest your heart abut your son, if you can, you and hubby are doing everything that you can. I pray with all my heart, that your son, comes to you and tells you, Mom, I'm ready to be helped. I will pray and pray and pray. Hugs to you.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Oh my! what a gorgeous picture of Taylor. Wonderful kind eyes, looks like a really lovely boy. I can understand how you feel close to him for sure. The little ones look so adorable too.

So sorry things didn't go as you would have liked. I hope things get better, sounds pretty hard. It is so frustrating sometimes as parents :grouphug:

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Aww, Debbie. I love the pictures of your beautiful Grandchildren. Taylor is adorable. I'd be sleeping for a week after playing with him. LOL

Please Deb, keep saying the Serenity Prayer over and over:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I can.
The wisdom to know the difference.

xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxox

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Debbie -- First, as you know, you've been on my mind and I've been very worried for you and have been sending lots of prayers.

Second -- the grandchildren are adorable. I'm so glad that you had such a nice visit with them. I know that you must miss them terribly. Taylor sounds like quite a character. LOL

I'm so sorry to hear that your son has decided that he doesn't want treatment. But it is something that he has to come to realize that he needs. I know that we want to shelter our children from life's unpleasantness, but we can't always do that. I am praying that he will decide to get the help that he needs.

Hugs to you.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
aww debbie , your grandkids are adorable , and taylor well he sounds terrific , what energy !! about ur son , u cant do anything but love him unconditionally and pray that he "gets" it .. my prayers are with you all ((hugs))

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
:grouphug:awwwh Debbie - I enjoyed reading about Tylor. He seems like a very good kid and fun to be around with - I bet that one day, he will make his Yia Yia SO PROUD of him (I am sure that his Yia Yia is already very proud).:grouphug: the lil ones (grandkids) also look so precious.

about ur son , u cant do anything but love him unconditionally and pray that he "gets" it .. my prayers are with you all ((hugs))
Ditto to this too

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
Debbie, you're so blessed, those are some great looking grandkids! I'm glad you got to spend some time with them.
I'm really sorry about your son and I hope things get better for him soon. You've been trying to help him for so long and I know you've really tried. This has to be frustrating for you but you can only do what he'll let you do. He has to decide he wants help and wants to get better.
Hugs!
:grouphug:

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
What sweet kids, they are beautiful and you can't help but feel better and smile when holding a baby. But I'm sorry things with your son have been so difficult.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts