Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel terrible. I fold back my bedspread to the foot of the bed because he likes to cuddle up in the extra 'poufy-ness'. Well sometime in the middle of the night I woke up to him crying out. Seems one of his toe nails got caught on a thread. He must have been trying to free himself for a very long time because his gums are cut up and when I got him loose, he just collapsed against my chest panting. Sure wish I had heard him earlier so he would not have had to suffer for so long. He's pretty tired today. He's pretty much my 'diva' when it comes to pain. He'll let me know if anything MIGHT hurt. So he's hoping to soak up some sympathy from his SM Aunties. Me...I'm so blamed tired and working at the store today instead of the new store, that I don't have much energy to do anything else. So....I'm on SM today!! :wub:

I'll be folding the bedspread back and completely OFF the bed from now on.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Oh no, poor little Jett! :( I can't believe his gums are actually cut up from him trying to free his foot. :( Oh, I feel so awful for him...I'm sure he will be fine, he just needs the sympathy and extra snuggles & treats today from Mommy. :)

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Oh poor little guy...Auntie Dianne sends her sympathy and soft cuddles! :wub:

I feel terrible. I fold back my bedspread to the foot of the bed because he likes to cuddle up in the extra 'poufy-ness'. Well sometime in the middle of the night I woke up to him crying out. Seems one of his toe nails got caught on a thread. He must have been trying to free himself for a very long time because his gums are cut up and when I got him loose, he just collapsed against my chest panting. Sure wish I had heard him earlier so he would not have had to suffer for so long. He's pretty tired today. He's pretty much my 'diva' when it comes to pain. He'll let me know if anything MIGHT hurt. So he's hoping to soak up some sympathy from his SM Aunties. Me...I'm so blamed tired and working at the store today instead of the new store, that I don't have much energy to do anything else. So....I'm on SM today!! :wub:

I'll be folding the bedspread back and completely OFF the bed from now on.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
Awwww poor Jett!! I hope he rests up during the day and feels better later on. Poor thing and you shouldn't feel guilty - who knew this would happen? it could have happened to anyone. Aolani can be a diva too so I compltely understand what you mean.

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
We are sending Jett some love and thanking his very tired mom for the orders we received this week! Hunter has been dancing for his meals once again - and reminding us when its dinner time (and breakfast) and when its close to dinner time!

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Poor Jett -- you're such a GUY!!! Most guys I know are true Divas when it comes to pain. Sorry everyone's sooooooooooooooo tired.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
GASP!!!! Our poor sweet lil Jett!!!! Crystal you must have felt terrible. I know I would be beating myself up too but these things happen! I know you overdosed him in extra TLC and I'm sure he is bouncing back to his happy self!!!!!

Extra kisses for Jett from me and my duo!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Oh, my little Jett, so glad you are free and are alright!!! It is awful to get caught and can't get loose!!! CeeCee and Rain send you puppy kisses and hope you gums get all better too!!!!

PS.....Got my Katy Puff bed this afternoon!!! All ready for cold weather and warm sleeping nights~does Jett want to come and sleep over????

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh, my little Jett, so glad you are free and are alright!!! It is awful to get caught and can't get loose!!! CeeCee and Rain send you puppy kisses and hope you gums get all better too!!!!

PS.....Got my Katy Puff bed this afternoon!!! All ready for cold weather and warm sleeping nights~does Jett want to come and sleep over????
He says only if CeeCee or Rain will snuggle with him. There are no dangerous threads in the Katie Puff Bed! lol

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Oh my sweet little Jett. I'm so sorry about your toenail and your mouth. You should have thrown something at mommy to wake her up. No Jett, not your little sister. What a freak accident. I'm sure that you're so worn out that nothing would wake you.
Funny story - my SIL has been taking Ambien to help her sleep. One night she heard banging on her door and saw a policeman. He said, "It's 2am.A car careened off the raod (she's on a curve) and went thru your fence and knocked down a tree among other things. Are you alright?" She didn't hear a thing!!:w00t::w00t:
Hope little Jett's okay and getting totally spoiled today. Give him kisses from me and high fives from Tyler.:wub: Tyler loves to sleep in our crunched up comforter but there are no open areas to get toes caught in.

·
Premium Member
4,130 Posts
oh poor precious Jett!! maybe he should get extra teats today,
sending him lots of hugs!!:wub:

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
:w00t:What? My widdle Jett is hurt and whinning???? :w00t:

Well you come right over to Aunt Pat's.....you can sleep with me and the A's and I promise I won't let you get your toe nail get caught on anything!!! :innocent:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Awww poor Jett. I hope your mouth feels better!

Louis says he knows what it feels like when you need help and mommy wont wake up. He thinks it sucks but the kisses and pampering afterward makes it all better!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts