Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
This is indeed such very say news and I am sending you my Prayers and Hugs. Ava will always be remembered and was such a beautiful little Malt. I am so very sorry for your loss Pat.
thank you. I am getting so confused while replying to comments....why aren't my replies right under the original comments? Am I doing something wrong? I miss my baby girl so badly, I try to stay busy every day...I'm beginning to wonder if my approach is right or not. Maybe I need to slow down and grieve instead of keeping my mind occupied every minute of every day. I just don't know what do to!

·
Premium Member
20,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Dearest Pat ...

I too, posted messages on Facebook for you. I think of you every day ... and, I say a prayer for you every night. My heart breaks for your loss of your beloved angel, Ava. As I expressed on Facebook ... sweet and precious Ava was a shining star ... who was loved by so many of us, who were blessed to enjoy and follow her life through, you, Spoiled Maltese, and Facebook. Angel Ava will forever live in the hearts of those who got to know and love her.

Sending you much love and healing hugs. ❤
Marie, my sweet friend. I thank you for all your kind comments.....always. You are an angel on earth. I wish I knew what I was doing. I'm running at full speed every day...running away from what has happened...I can't handle this.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
I'm incredibly sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine how devastating that must be. If i may ask, how old was she? Was she sick?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dear Pat,

I could not connect with my previous account which was "Fleurdelys", but I wanted to leave you a message.
I am very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain you are going through. I wish I could ease your pain.
Ava is the reason why I got Lena from Bonnie. I don't know if you remember but we exchanged messages many years ago when I got Lena. Lena reminds me a lot of Ava... She is an angel.

I will always remember beautiful Ava in her beautiful tutus and outfits. She brought so much joy.

I am very sorry.😢

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
On Tuesday (11/3/20) I left for work as usual. Ava gave me her normal sass while I was getting ready. Stan called me home a few hours later. My sweet Ava laid down and stopped breathing. She's gone. Just. Like. That. My heart is broken. ...this is going to be a tough one to get by in life....

View attachment 275070
So very sorry. These small tikes can live a massive hole in our hearts when they pass! So sorry!

Lainie

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss Pat. I am a recently joined member and I do not know you nor did I get a chance to get to know your Ava but my heart aches for you and for your loss. I can not imagine coming home to my baby gone. My prayers are ascending for your hearts' healing, dear Maltese Mom. Grieving comes in different stages and forms; just allow yourself to go through the motions if you can. Stay well!

·
Premium Member
20,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Dear Pat,

I could not connect with my previous account which was "Fleurdelys", but I wanted to leave you a message.
I am very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain you are going through. I wish I could ease your pain.
Ava is the reason why I got Lena from Bonnie. I don't know if you remember but we exchanged messages many years ago when I got Lena. Lena reminds me a lot of Ava... She is an angel.

I will always remember beautiful Ava in her beautiful tutus and outfits. She brought so much joy.

I am very sorry.😢
Thank you for reaching out to me.....this is so hard....I just picked up her ashes today, my heart is broken all over again.

·
Premium Member
20,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I am so sorry for your loss Pat. I am a recently joined member and I do not know you nor did I get a chance to get to know your Ava but my heart aches for you and for your loss. I can not imagine coming home to my baby gone. My prayers are ascending for your hearts' healing, dear Maltese Mom. Grieving comes in different stages and forms; just allow yourself to go through the motions if you can. Stay well!
Thank you for your thoughtful comment. Ava was actually more than any other dog to me. She was the prettiest thing I'd ever seen from the first eye contact we had. She was 6 months old at the time, I showed her in the ring for a while, then cut her hair off and she became a fashion diva. We traveled to several maltese nationals and was well known by so many people. Ava had her own fb page with over 9000 followers. you see, she was so special, I felt like I needed to share her with everyone. We spent just about every moment together and we developed a special bond, no words needed, we knew what each other was thinking. .....well she did feel the need to yell at me just to make sure sometimes. Stan and I will never be the same, we just lost the most precious gift God ever gave us.

·
Premium Member
20,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I'm incredibly sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine how devastating that must be. If i may ask, how old was she? Was she sick?
My sweet Ava was 12 years old. She turned 12 on September 15th. I got her at 6 months old, we were inseparable, and even though I have several other pups....Ava was always extra special. Way extra special. No, she wasn't sick, in fact her last bloodwork came back better than ever! I was so proud that I was so good that I never missed giving her the supplements or thyroid pill. I left for work, (she was fine) then maybe 2 or 3 hours later Stan called me to come home...she was dead. She just laid down and died.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank you for your thoughtful comment. Ava was actually more than any other dog to me. She was the prettiest thing I'd ever seen from the first eye contact we had. She was 6 months old at the time, I showed her in the ring for a while, then cut her hair off and she became a fashion diva. We traveled to several maltese nationals and was well known by so many people. Ava had her own fb page with over 9000 followers. you see, she was so special, I felt like I needed to share her with everyone. We spent just about every moment together and we developed a special bond, no words needed, we knew what each other was thinking. .....well she did feel the need to yell at me just to make sure sometimes. Stan and I will never be the same, we just lost the most precious gift God ever gave us.
Well, it seems as though you took the best care of this so very precious gift that God gave you and Stan ... it is so true when they say that certain people (creatures) come into our lives to teach us and shape us. Maybe Ava was your lil savior angel, who knows? And now her work is done. Take solace in the fact that you shared a beautiful life with her; she will forever live in your heart Pat. Take care and God Bless.

·
Premium Member
4,923 Posts
Pat it breaks my heart to think of you going like crazy all day to keep from thinking of your loss. Ava was, as you said yourself, a gift from God to you. It’s hard to learn how to live without that gift.
Perhaps if you let the grief in. There is no way to escape it my friend. I have read that you have to go through it to come out the other side. Personally I don’t think we ever stop grieving a loss such as this. The pain softens in time, you learn to live with it but it’s always there. In order to get to that time you have to start on your journey.
Think about it. I will be there for you if you decide to start. All your friends will be.

By the way you did not love Ava more than you should have.
Love and many hugs...

·
Premium Member
17,565 Posts
Excellent advice Elaine!
I truly believe Pat, that your heart has imploded. I try to put myself in your position & my mind won't let me go there to feel what you must be feeling. . . probably because we are very close to where you now are, but not quite there yet. The mind is a funny thing. Sometimes we don't want to let go of the hurt---because it is what helps us remember what we want to hold dear. It is also hard to "just let go" as the fear of falling into a dark hole & never being able to resurface is very real. It is in the process of "retelling" Ava's story that emotional energy can be discharged so that you can get a better look at it & begin to process this very deep loss. I do not believe the old adage "that time heals all wounds." I believe repression only causes further delay in the process of acceptance & moving forward. Pat, you alone decide when you are able to move forward but we are walking beside you--when you pause, we pause, & when you move we go w/you. We will not forget Ava, and neither will you!
With much love from your extended family.

·
Premium Member
4,923 Posts
Excellent advice Elaine!
I truly believe Pat, that your heart has imploded. I try to put myself in your position & my mind won't let me go there to feel what you must be feeling. . . probably because we are very close to where you now are, but not quite there yet. The mind is a funny thing. Sometimes we don't want to let go of the hurt---because it is what helps us remember what we want to hold dear. It is also hard to "just let go" as the fear of falling into a dark hole & never being able to resurface is very real. It is in the process of "retelling" Ava's story that emotional energy can be discharged so that you can get a better look at it & begin to process this very deep loss. I do not believe the old adage "that time heals all wounds." I believe repression only causes further delay in the process of acceptance & moving forward. Pat, you alone decide when you are able to move forward but we are walking beside you--when you pause, we pause, & when you move we go w/you. We will not forget Ava, and neither will you!
With much love from your extended family.
Well said Sandi.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Ava wasa Superstar with so many followers, and all of us will miss her beauty, her fun messages, her pictures, and her stories. Too sad to even think that she's gone, life will be different for all of us without Ava. Just as we remember where we were when important events happend, I will remember the moment I heard the news about Ava. How terrible to lose such a precious pup. I am grieving with you,
I am grieving with you for the very difficult loss of a Superstar........ A. V. A.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Pat, I am hardly ever on here anymore, although I've been trying to check the site out more lately. I'm so sorry to hear the news about Ava, my heart goes out to you. When I moved, my daughter's Yorkie, Roxy, came to live with Halle and I, and we lost her days after Christmas, almost two years ago now. I still tear up thinking it now, and how hard it was on Halle in the months following. We have added a 2nd Maltese, Story, who is sweet and lovable, but also crazy, and it took Halle a while to get to the point where she stopped looking at me like "what have you done?" You and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
43 Posts
On Tuesday (11/3/20) I left for work as usual. Ava gave me her normal sass while I was getting ready. Stan called me home a few hours later. My sweet Ava laid down and stopped breathing. She's gone. Just. Like. That. My heart is broken. ...this is going to be a tough one to get by in life....

View attachment 275070
So extremely sorry for the loss of your beautiful Ava. It is so painful to lose our fur babies. Take time to grieve for her; you have her a wonderful life and rest assured, she knows you loved her. Wishing you peace.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Pat,
Sorry I keep coming back but I just wanted to tell you that I was thinking of you today.
You are in my prayers.
Sending love to you.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts