Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I realize I haven't posted many pictures of Malayah's best friend, Triniti. She has mentioned it more than once! ;) Honestly, his tear staining went out of CONTROL this fall and I was embarrassed. But we have been washing his face and keeping it clean...changing his diet, yogurt, etc. and I think I finally have it going away. Now just to wait until the stain grows out...ugh

So here he is after his grooming and face/paws washing...not too handsome, but better than he was. (My golden Scout is in the background in one pic. Speaking of big and little dogs living together...Scout is almost 5 and really mellow...and definitely the omega in the pack as Triniti barks and runs him off on a regular basis.) :w00t: Of course I am always watching when they are together!!!

(aack I didn't realize the pictures were so blurry, sorry!)

·
Premium Member
10,186 Posts
Awww ... Kelly. :tender:Triniti is still adorable. I love his eyes ... they are just beautiful. :wub::wub:

We went through a phase with Snowball and tear stains. Anything with wheat in it seems to cause tear stains for Snowball. And, I've also observed him tearing more if something scares or upsets him. As long as I catch his eyes tearing ... then I wipe the tears immediately. But, it's pretty much under control now.

Have you considered trimming off some of the tearstains around his face and chin? I did that with Snowball. And as with Snowball ... I am sure Triniti would still look as handsome as ever. :wub::wub: And, his hair will grow back. Just a thought if it bothers you as much as it sounds like it might.

Thanks for sharing the pictures, Kelly.

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
I think he looks great. We've all had tear stain trouble at one time or another, sounds like you're getting it under control.
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
aww he looks great. Tear staining can be a PITA, that is for sure! Luckily, I've never battled them too badly, but it's enough to not make me want to change anything diet or water wise.

I'm glad you posted some new pics of Triniti! how is his coat growing out doing?

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
Besides giving the yogurt, add acidophilus - either break open a capsule and put on wet food, or roll in cream cheese; give daily. :)

·
Premium Member
11,148 Posts
After Boo had his first knee surgery, he began staining really bad, mostly around his mouth,but a little tearstaining also. Soon as he was feeling better,I began washing his face everyday, used the eyerinse 2 times a day & gave him the doggie probiotics that Dr.Becker recommended. That seemed to stop it & I trimmed some of the staining out & waited for the rest to grow out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts