Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out of town for a week where there was no phone reception so I didn't find out any of this until today. Anyhow, the trainer said that Nibbles gashed his nose on a door hinge when she left to pick up another dog on day one. She explained that the room is completely empty and that he freaked out and jumped up and down hitting his nose on the door hinge. She said that there were fifteen drops of blood on the hinge and only Nibbles had a cut on his nose. Mind you, it's not a cut. It's a big gash! It runs diagonally from his left nostril towards the middle of his nose. I feel so badly for him. Will scar tissue fill in the gaping hole? Should he go to the vet?

Seems so odd that this could have happened. Would a vet know if he was actually bitten by one of her dogs? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
AWWWW. How horrible for Nibbles.
I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened--I'd be freaking out if it were one of my babies.

I would take him to the vet asap to determine both cause and proper treatment. He might need stitches and/or antibiotic treatment. And personally, I would never take him back to that petsitter again. Shouldn't she have rushed him to the vet for treatment as part of her care. This seems rather negligent to me.

I hope that all is well and that he heals soon. Best wishes to you both--

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by SylphidesMom@Apr 16 2005, 07:45 PM
AWWWW.  How horrible for Nibbles. 
  I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened--I'd be freaking out if it were one of my babies.

I would take him to the vet asap to determine both cause and proper treatment.  He might need stitches and/or antibiotic treatment.  And personally, I would never take him back to that petsitter again.  Shouldn't she have rushed him to the vet for treatment as part of her care.  This seems rather negligent to me.

I hope that all is well and that he heals soon.  Best wishes to you both--
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=53393
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for your well wishes. I think she should have taken him to the vet too. She had a note with my authorization to do so but said that she thought it looked fine. I called the vet this morning and they said if it doesn't look infected or if he's not licking it that he would be okay. However, I noticed that he is licking it occasionally so will take him in tomorrow. Poor baby.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Awwww! I hope Nibbles gets well soon!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Poor Nibbles!!!! I can't believe the sitter didn't take him to the vet...I do tend to over-react when it comes to these little ones, but better safe than sorry, right? I hope Nibbles' little nose heals up soon!!!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I would be so outraged if a sitter put my baby in a empty room and left him for any reason.He was probably so afraid he did jump and try to get out.Needless to say ..I would NEVER use her again.I would also make her pay for any vet bills incured because of it.
I hope Nibbles heals quickly! Poor baby

·
Registered
363 Posts
I agree with everyone else. She should have never left Nibbles alone, she should have taken him to the vet immediately and she is responsible for his vet bills. I hope you had some kind of contract with her. If you did, check the the fine print for liability issues.

Poor Nibbles, I hope he wasn't in pain all week. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i would be soooo mad!
im sorry if its an accident...but shes supposedly this dog trainer/petsitter---and should know better.

i hope your baby feels better soon.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Poor little guy. Hugs and kisses coming his way!

I would be SO mad.
I definitely would have to ask more questions and dig a little deeper.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Originally posted by maltsmom@Apr 17 2005, 07:43 AM
I agree with everyone else.  She should have never left Nibbles alone, she should have taken him to the vet immediately and she is responsible for his vet bills.  I hope you had some kind of contract with her.  If you did, check the the fine print for liability issues. 

Poor Nibbles, I hope he wasn't in pain all week.  Keep us posted.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=53436
[/QUOTE]

I agree. She is SO responsible for your vet bills!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts