Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just going through some of my photos from back home and I came across this one of Rueben, my Rottie, my big baby boy. He was about 6 months old in this picture.

·
Registered
7,621 Posts
Beautiful Boy!!

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by dhodina+Aug 8 2005, 08:52 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Scoobydoo
@Aug 8 2005, 07:50 PM
I was just going through some of my photos from back home and I came across this one of Rueben, my Rottie, my big baby boy. He was about 6 months old in this picture.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=88492

I want him... he is STUNNING!!!! What a great head.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=88493
[/B][/QUOTE]

He was very handsome and by the time he was fully grown he weighed about 125LB, and he was a gentle giant. Sadly dhodina he has been at Rainbow Bridge now for some time, waiting for me.
He came from champion blood lines and was truly the nicest natured boy I could have ever wished for.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
He IS a big baby!!!! :D
What a beautiful dog!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by SylphidesMom@Aug 8 2005, 11:36 PM
What a magnificent being.  He looks so intelligent, and sweet.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=88595
[/QUOTE]

You are right he was all of that and more, a true ambassador to the breed, powerful yet gentle and so very loving, and very loyal to all those who were close to him. His intelligence was beyond any dog I have ever known.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
We used to have a HUGE rottie. He was the sweetest, dumbest, most clumsy and affectionate dog ever. The knee problems I have now and will have for the rest of my life are due to his massive head of steel and inability to stop running on time. He once found a nest of baby rabbits that just barely had their eyes open. We were afraid he might trample them (he was not always aware of his giant snowshoe feet). All he did was drool all over them as he stood guard over them, viciously snapping at any insect that dared to get too near. By the time we had them all rescued from the floodgates that were his mouth, they were sopping wet. It's not easy to wash thick doggy drool off of baby bunnies.
*sigh* I miss him! He was my father's dog, but he never did anything with him...I always did. Then I went away to university and my mom got tired of him spending day after day outside without any love or attention (she was very anti-dog and didn't want him in the first place) and gave him away to an elderly couple. I don't know what happened after that because then I moved to Asia. Anyway, that pic brings back fond memories of Fritz the Ditz.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by NC's Mom@Aug 9 2005, 08:55 AM
We used to have a HUGE rottie.  He was the sweetest, dumbest, most clumsy and affectionate dog ever.  The knee problems I have now and will have for the rest of my life are due to his massive head of steel and inability to stop running on time.  He once found a nest of baby rabbits that just barely had their eyes open.  We were afraid he might trample them (he was not always aware of his giant snowshoe feet).  All he did was drool all over them as he stood guard over them, viciously snapping at any insect that dared to get too near.  By the time we had them all rescued from the floodgates that were his mouth, they were sopping wet.  It's not easy to wash thick doggy drool off of baby bunnies. 
  *sigh*  I miss him!  He was my father's dog, but he never did anything with him...I always did.  Then I went away to university and my mom got tired of him spending day after day outside without any love or attention (she was very anti-dog and didn't want him in the first place) and gave him away to an elderly couple.  I don't know what happened after that because then I moved to Asia.  Anyway, that pic brings back fond memories of Fritz the Ditz. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=88627
[/QUOTE]

Oh no I am so sorry that happened, I would have died if that had happened to me.
Rueben was very good on his feet actually, very sound boned and he too was very kind to all animals large or small.
I never suffered from knee damage from his big head, but I did feel that my arms gained a few inches in length from the leash training exercises. I also had difficulty finding a collar to fit him because of the shear size of his head and neck. I eventually had to resort to using a nose halter for his walks which was very good too as it gave me full control during training.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
What a gorgeous dog!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts