Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,546 Posts
These little ones are such sponges...Teddy was so quick to learn that I forgot sometimes what I tought him on any given day...
Another one which is a little different than stop is stay...that is so valuable...I just broke a glass the other day and Teddy just listened and stayed put. And one of his fun ones is to do a flip...so funny...it actually was part of what he did naturally and I just had him do it on command.

Have so much fun...what a great time...so fun to bond and really get to know the little one and have them experience all that love flowing to them.

· Registered
1,546 Posts
AJ,

First thing is to teach Stay...which you do by putting them in a down position...Sit, Down, Stay. Stay is easy at this stage because they are so eager to do what you want...I just moved the treat further away in little increments...first was only about a 6 inches away so that I could still have his attention. Teddy picked them up like it seems your little one is. Then once she has Stay teach Come so it is Sit, Down, Stay, Come...once they have that you throw in the Stop in the middle of the Come command and at this early stage it could be just stopping them and giving a treat. so the comand line would be Sit, Down, Stay, Come, Stop, Come.

Praise, praise and praise with Cherrio's thrown in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.