Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So those of you that have been keeping up with and asking about Spencer, my old cat, and his dang litterbox issues...I thought I would update ya!

After SEVERAL weeks of laying wee pads in over where he was using my carpet as his pee spot...and changing SEVERAL wee pads that he had urinated on...
-I was about to try some plastic floor covering and see if that deterred him any.

But I think I may have helped it by accident...

Well, it just so happens that a friend told me about those candle warmers that plug into the wall, so I went to Walmart and found a few. I got a nice smelling one for the living room, and a honeysuckle one for our bedroom. I plugged it in and set it on the corner of the dresser. (he has been urinating in front of my dresser and closet) The smell is faint, but nice....

Then it occured to me that Spencer was not having any pee spots anymore...day after day went by, and there were no pads to change...
So I started racking my brain to see what had been different/changed so I would make sure I kept it that way!
Get this! :eek: Since that honeysuckle candle/warmer has been plugged in....about 4 weeks....he has not urinated there...only in the litterbox!

Now I am not sure if it is cooincidence or what...but it is pretty thrilling!

I am wondering if the smell does something for him like the Feliway plug-ins do or something....? Am I grasping at straws? Anyway, the Feliway things are thirty dollars...this was less than 10 with the candle and warmer!

(knock on wood...) So far so good!
And I found it completely by accident.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by MomtwoMaltmuffins@Jun 25 2005, 10:40 AM
Hmm you know what else might work too is if you do not want to burn candles all the time is use those room sprays and just spray the spots he went every once in a while.  Since cats do not care at all for any type of citrus smell, you could even try an orange scented room spray directly on the spots

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=75089
[/QUOTE]

The good thing about these warmers is that it is not actually burning the candle. It is like a small hot plate that gently warms the wax. You can leave it plugged in all the time. The only problem is making sure it is not where the candle can get knocked over because the wax becomes liquidy...messy if spilled, but not hot enough to burn you.

The scent thing you found was interesting. Thanks for sharing that.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I hope it keeps working
I have some of those and I love them,so much better than burning the candles(they last longer by far)
So heres to Spencer Boy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts