Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am going to explain why Lily is so important to me... I have never had dogs growing up.. I was raised with cats.. I always said that when I move into my own place, I would get myself a puppy.. Well, in march I bought a beautiful Yorkie whom i named Mocha... I loved her so very much... I did everything with her and took her everywhere I went (that i was allowed).. Mocha was a crazy dog who seemed to have a death wish (She chewed through an electrical wire, almost swallowed a beer cap, she feel off a 15 ft ledge onto a driveway, she ate a box of matches).. ANyway, she turned 6 months old on June 23... That Satruday I decided to take her to my boyfriends parents shore house and went left her in her pen for 1.5 hours and when we returned, she was hanging.. She got her harness (not a collar, a HARNESS) caught on the gate and she was dead.. I was so heartbroken over it... I never would have thought a harness would do that.. Well, i mourned for her and decided my apartment was too lonely without a little friend so my parents did some research and came across a breeder who had a litter of maltipoos.. They are normally calmer than yorkies and have better personalities.. Well, i fell instantly in love with this baby girl and today i bought it.. It was a great day of happiness but also great saddness as i recieved Mocha's ashes before leaving to get Lily.. Lily will never replace Mocha but she is helping me with the healing process... I have had her less than a day and already feel that bond with her.. I feel that she has mocha's spirit in her.. I loved Mocha and miss her dearly but I have a new baby and I am going to give her all the love in the world that I possibly can.. Wow, sorry so long!! Here is a picture of Mocha

Mocha

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
That is indeed a sad story. Who knew that a harness could do that. I am just terribly sorry for you. I'm so glad that your parents have helped you. I'm sure that they were heartbroken also. I had tears in my eyes looking at the photo of your beautiful Mocha. I hope that Lily will bring you much happiness. We'll help you all that we can....

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Oh, I am so sorry!
Poor Mocha
Lily is a wonderful little pup and I sure you'll have many joyous years to come with her

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
im sorry to hear about your poor Mocha
i can't imagine how it felt for you to find her like that. I'm glad you and Lily have found each other. I hope you two have many years of happiness!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Thats so sad to hear, I have heard of that happening to dogs wearing collars but never with a harness. Lily may not be able to replace her but I am sure she is helping you cope with the loss.

·
Registered
499 Posts
What an awful way to lose your dear Mocha, but Lily is beautiful and I hope the two of you have many happy years together. And welcome to the forum!
Quincymom

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
It makes me so sad to hear your story. But at the same time, I'm glad that Lily helps you cope. Warm welcomes to you!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Oh, I am so sorry for your loss..... I'm glad you shared your story, though, as it could prevent a similar tragedy from happening to someone else.

I'm glad you got Lily!

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Im so sorry for your loss
It must have been terrible to find your sweet baby like that.As some have said ,you wont forget your Mocha,but Lily will help ease the pain.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I am so very sorry you lost Mocha in such a tragic way, I too am sure Lily will fill your heart with joy and help you through the healing process, she is a gorgeous puppy.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Reading your story about Mocha just broke my heart.......but thanks for sharing this. There is no way to keep our loved ones 100% safe. That's just life. But I appreciate you sharing this and, even though I only put Pico's harness on when he is on leash and I take it off otherwise this will keep me from getting lazy and letting him wear it as a matter of course. Since he sleeps in his crate at night, especially, I will make sure I never put him in the crate with it.

That may have been just a freak accident with Mocha but I surely don't want to see it repeated.

I'm so sorry you lost your little love but Lily will be a love, too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you so much for all of the help and support.. I am so worried about lily.. even the littlest things make me so nervous!! I had my baby for 1 day and i am already so in llove with her

·
Registered
260 Posts
What a sad story. It must have been terrible finding Mocha that way.
I'm sure part of your heart died with her. We get so attached to our little babies.
Her picture is darling. She was a pretty little gal.
Lillly will be a big comfort to you for a long time.

I am glad you wrote this story. Hopefully it will open our eyes to the things that can 'just happen'.

I have never put a collar or halter on Sassi unless I am taking her outside for a walk. Only because I know I wouldn't want to wear a collar (or even a necklace) every day, all day. And I hate to see all the 'tags' on doggies; clinking all the time around their little necks. (I have her rabies tag on her halter).
I have just always had a fear that they could get 'hung up' in something around the house when I'm not at home.
I prefer Sassi to just be 'naked'....

Please don't judge me too harshly...I am just a person that likes their little doggie to be 'el naturale' (or however the heck you spell it).

Just one of those little quirks I have....ha ha

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Oh no thats sooo sad. Poor Mocha. I had a yorkie - CeCe of 14 1/2 yrs. who was my pride and joy. She passed on of CHF. As time went on I decided to get a maltese. I didn't want another yorkie because I might compare her too much to CeCe. Well, I'm so happy I got Peechie. She has helped the pain with losing CeCe alot. Not a day doesn't go by thought that I still think of CeCe. But, I love Peechie so much. Every day is so great having her.

Peechie's Mom - Karen

·
Registered
18 Posts
Brooke, you were a great Mocha Mommy. It looks like you are doing a great job with Lily. Stewie and I will always think of Mocha. You have helped many people with your story and have a beautiful new baby to love!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Oh that is so sad. I learned a long time ago about collars. I have a cat who I just love. One night he woke me up in a panic. The collar had sliped into his mouth. Collar was around his neck and in his mouth. He couldn't close his mouth and he was in a panic. Thankfully he knew to wake me up. Ever since then I have never had a collar on him or any of my babies. Lacey wears a harness only when she is outside. Both of my cats are indoor cats. I don't let them outside at all. Every spring both get a little curious about the front door. I take a big pot and drop it by the front door when either of them are by it...scares both cats...neither one of them will come near that door for a long time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.