Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We're having a dinner party tonight - This is my style, just as simple as can be.

Just to let you know, that I'm not into that colorful stuff that belonged to my aunt!

:) A

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Allie - your style is very similar to mine. My "fancy" dishes are all white and my silver only has a beaded edge. While I admire the very colorful dishes they are just not what I am drawn to.

The set-up for your dinner party looks so wonderful, Hunter asked if there was a setting for him :). I do hope you and Richard have a great night!

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Oh I love the colorful teacups! Maybe because they are similar to the ones I have of my Grandmothers.

But I tend to decorate like you. I love simple clean lines and monochromatic color schemes. I have off white walls, off white carpets, and off white furniture! lol I guess you could say I'm boring. I choose to say I'm elegant...like you.

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Beautiful!!! Geezz...I don't have a dining room, I'm having tons of people tomorrow in an eat-in-kitchen!!!! :HistericalSmiley: But I still love my little house.

Your home is gorgeous Allie :thumbsup: You style is very classic and elegant.

I think we should all take pictures of our tables set for Thanksgiving....:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
736 Posts
Wow - I love your style! Mine's very student chic at the moment - by that I mean nothing matches (as it's all hand-me-downs but I try to make it look good!)

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
How very elegant. I hope you and your guest have a wonderful evening.
That's one thing about the holiday season I love...using my China. I always wonder why I don't use it more often.

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
just beautiful and very inviting, I always loved setting my diningroom table especially at Christmas, now I do it for Easter, I also love the simple elegance

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
THat's very elegant and beautiful! I also love color (must be the artist in me) - have a friend who uses dishes she gathers from different places - each one unique and beautiful. Makes a very eclectic and fun setting. I can appreciate both palates - clean and simple and elegant or over the top LOL (Libra)

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Allie -- what a beautiful table. Have a wonderful party. :) And I agree -- I think most of our styles are must more simple in this day and age.

·
Registered
149 Posts
She needs to teach a napkin folding class!!! :D
Sheesh I need to be the first student!!!

Allie, I'm like you...I'm using a white tablecloth with white silk embroidery, and my dishes are white Wedgwood. Some of my complementary pieces have birds on them.... many antiques that I mix n match.

It's beautiful, and I'll be right over for dinner! :HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
What time did you say you want Jim, Tyler and myself over? I see there are settings for us. :innocent::HistericalSmiley: Absolutely beautiful Allie. So elegant. I have to take some pix of the plates I have from my mom - they're white with beautiful gold rim that I could use as chargers similar to the way you have the table set. I love opening up my big mahogany table for company and using a lovely table cloth and settings. Enjoy! A sante!:drinkup: So glad you're getting some time to unwind and enjoy company.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Wow Allie I love it! I would love to see the rest of your house!!! I an trying to decorate my house, as I have never really found my style....until now. I think its like a combination of suburban and country, lol.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Lovely, mine looked a lot like that for many years but now I have emptynested to a downtown condo I don't have the room anymore. Quite the change, but fun.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts