Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were staying at a hotel out of town because we got hit by a hurrican...again... that morning he woke me up at like 3am which he hasnt done since like the first week i brought him home ,he usually sleeps till like 7, but he went back to sleep and woke up seemed fine. Later he went to take a nap, which it totaly normal for him and he kept waking up and walking around making like gagging noises and going to sleep then he woke up and threw up, well after that he went back to sleep i tried to get him to eat or drink something and he wouldnt, he was like totaly refuseing food i would hold some in my hand and he would roll away from it, so i let him sleep for like an hour or so though it might help but after that he still wouldnt eat and if you woke him up he would go right back to sleep without moving, so a went and got him the nutrical stuff becuase i was worryed he didnt eat and it had been a while an di know he must he thrown up everything in his stomic, he would touch the nutrical stuff so opened his mouth and put a little bit in at a time, after that he didnt seem much better but i was a little less worryed because he ate something, then i had to leave him for a little so i left him with my mom who made a vet appointment for the next day but by the time i got back he seemed all better, we cancled the vet because we went back home today and he seemed better but do you think i should still be conserned i an watching him close because he seems to be sleeping a but more than normal but when he is awake he is as hyper as ever what do you think?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Maybe he's sleeping more because he's not eating enough to have alot of energy. Maybe the carpet was moldy and he was sniffing the carpet so much that it made him sick. Even when you move them to a new surrounding, that will upset them and make them throw up. Give him a couple of days. He probably didnt want to eat because he was still feeling nausous.

Keep us posted

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i agree with tikis mom, just keep an eye on your baby. i honestly think its that he's nervous and stressed....just like how youre stressed and he probably feels that. force feed some boiled chicken...just to get him to eat. then see if that gets him hungry enough for dog food. when my dogs dont eat, they throw up. and check of the gums are white---if they are, give him a few drops (maybe 1/8tsp) of karo syrup or maple syrup. something with sugar. good luck with your baby!

give us an update

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its been a few days and everything seems back to normal with him. He slept in really late yesterday but today he woke up at his normal time and ran all over the yard (i live on like an acre) so he totaly has his energy back and i think he is reallly glad to be home

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I am so glad Sunny is back to normal. You can worry yourself into a state over these little sweeties when they are out of sorts. The suggestion to check their gum color is an excellent one.....gray gums is a bad sign.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts