Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the diabetic pet board we have an area for memorials for the pets we have lost. I have done Missys' but it will be a bit before it is up into a finished page. When it is done it will include photos of Missy from Puppy to recent. the typos will be corrected then also.
I chose to give my tribute in the form of a letter to her.
I was a painful process but a help to healing at the same time. the space is limited and so that was the hard part ..to condense it into an acceptable "size".
Anyway, I'd like ot share it with you all.. many of you have follwed Missy's "saga" for a long time.
here it is:

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
That was beautiful. I know your heart must ache so badly.
Big hugs and prayers coming your way.

I must now go get a tissue and explain to my family why I am crying.
Thanks for sharing...

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
What a lovely letter to your beloved Missy. I do hope you are feeling better and able to come to terms with your loss of your baby.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
That was so beautiful and touching.
Missy was such a wonderful dog. I hope you are feeling better

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I hope that the beautiful tribute will be a healing step in the grief process. Bless your heart.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Such a beautiful tribute. Do let us know when the photos are up, etc. What a great way to keep her memory alive.

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
I read your memorial, and I cryed through the whole thing. It has been a year since my Annie died. I know your pain. I will be praying for you. Without a doubt your Missy new she was loved.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Thank you for sharing what was in your heart. Missy knew she was loved. I like to think that when we go to heaven our little ones will be standing there waiting for us. Missy will be there, able to walk, run, and play.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
wow... i shouldnt have read that at work... you have me all choked up.
The last paragraph makes me think how brave you were to be there with Missy at the very end... i think that will be the hardest thing for me when that times comes. I know it was extremely hard for my dad to do with our first dog. It effected him for the rest of his life. Honestly... The hardest thing to do is watch someone we love die before our eyes. I know this is a difficult time and it will be for awhile... I pray that you are comforted and your heart begins to heal.
I'm sure Missy is missing you just as much as you miss her.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Originally posted by IamMomtoMissy@Aug 6 2005, 05:17 PM
On the diabetic pet board we have an area for memorials for the pets we have lost. I have done Missys' but it will be a bit before it is up into a finished page. When it is done it will include photos of Missy from Puppy to recent. the typos will be corrected then also.
I chose to give my tribute in the form of a letter to her.
I was a painful process but a help to healing at the same time. the space is limited and so that was the hard part ..to condense it into an acceptable "size".
Anyway, I'd like ot share it with you all.. many of you have follwed Missy's "saga" for a long time.
here it is:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=87825
[/QUOTE]

Terry,

I just spotted this and unfortunately there is nothing to read...did something happen to the link. I would love to read it.

I hope you are doing well.

Susan

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Yes Terry what has happened to the link? I missed this somehow and would also love to read it. Have you gotten the fund set up for Missy's tribute yet?Please be sure and let me know as I would be honored to contribute in Missy's memory.Bless you and may your heart be resting a bit easier

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Terry,

Wanted to bring this back to the front - as I for one would love to read the tribute and if there is a place to donate would like to ...

I hope you are well.

Thanks

Susan

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I too don't see the link...I am at work so that is proberly a good thing. I know how hard it is to lose a loved one. I have lost 2 dogs a few years ago very close together. I like to think that they are playing and having a great time but when it is my time they will be waiting for me.

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hello everyone..
I took the link off as before it ( the whole album) was publically accessible which I didn't care as it was pretty much Missy.
Thne my friend asked if I'd "store and send' some photos of her children. I'm too comfortable about putting childrens photos "out -there". Not because of members but because of "lurkers".
If anyone would like you can e-mail me and I can send the "letter" for you to read. I still am making a few minor changes before it goes to the site memorial page but minor and the letter you'll see is pretty much the finished product.
I also want those that stated they'd like to contribute to Missy's Memorial Fund.. God bless you! I do want you to know however this is just a basic special account set up at the vets as "Missy's Memorial Account"... and the computer program they have will not recognize the "doner"..only the "credit/payment into the account.
The gal who set up knew I'd like to acknowledge the doner and thank them and she suggested the checks be sent to me then I can take them to the vets. The checks would NOT!!! be made out to me but to the vet! And in memo to clearly state it is for Missy's Memorial Fund. She said it would also allow me to keep track of the funds . She did say they'd try their best to make a notation of the doner's name, if sent direct, but she said she is afraid that when mail is opened, payment entered.. if they are busy, it could slip thru before noted and once deposited into the bank we'd not have a record of the name who donated.
For the sake of privacy those who would like to donate, you can e-mail me and I will give both addresses so you can choose your option of where you'd like to send it. I did feel uncomfortable about saying to send to me.. and it is only an option... but may be the only way I'd know and could acknowledge.
Missy would have been 11 last Thursday.. she almost made it.. dear little girl. It was a rough day I admit. I always made her something special on her "burfday". Nothing to make this year
.. but I did get her a single pink rosebud with baby's breath and fern and put it on her grave.
The house does seem so "empty" and I still have not completely adjusted to not having to do her daily "routines".. but it is getting better. Still seems pretty strange to not have her here.
I know one day I will get another .. I'm not ready yet to fully give my heart to another little one... a bit more healing is necessary to give a new pup all the love and attention it deserves... but that will come, I'm convinced of that.
I know I have said "thank-you".. it seems a "gazillion" times and it truly does seem so inadequate to express my gratitude.. but then I think it must suffice as I don't know there "ARE" the words that would do the job properly.
Oh getting back to the fund.. I do get a statement and as of the other day, it had not been tapped into yet... hmm lets' see that was a week ago already... when I was there to put in a deposit. I know they were going to be careful how it was used and to use it for when it really could "make a difference" and not just given out "lightly". I have a sister-in-laws niece working there and a friend's daughter so I know I will be notified when and how before I get the "official" notification". I had said I didn't want to know the who... that I wanted to respect their privacy.. and they need not know who set up the fund.
Those interested in either the "letter to Missy" can send me an e-mail or info on fund can be sent to either e-mail or inbox here on the board.
Sincere Appreciation,
Terry and my sweet little Angel Missy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.