Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if I mentioned that my husband is a NYC Firefighter. This morning, we were having breakfast, as he's on vacation, we're snowed in and couldn;t get to church...and we heard on the news that 6 firefighters were critically injured at a fire in the Bronx. In the part of the Bronx, Morris heights, that his firehouse covers. Well, the guys are from his firehouse-one has already died, a man named John, who has a new baby and 3 others under the age of 5.
I am just out of my mind about his wife, the other firefighters that were hurt, and it was my husbands group (Which means he would have been one of them-it was the truck that had the victims.)
I'm feeling lost, and I don;t know what to do-this has been part of our lives since he got onto the job, September 11th, we lost two from his house, one from his company, and since then we have become even closer-to the members of his company-if that was possible.
I'm asking for prayers that the others injured, I'm not sure who was there yet, but everyone in the house has wives, and kids. I'm asking for prayers for John Bellews wife and children.
I'm trying not to cry, trying not to upset my kids-my daughter just stopped having nightmares about airplanes and fires and firemen dying-I can't do this to her again. He left with 5 others who live here on the Island, to go to the hospital then the firehouse. Please pray for my husband as well-I thought 9/11 would kill him, and we were blessed that it didn't. These men love each other so much, they're so close, and I can't imagine how I'd survive if it were me.

Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
how sad
...i will have everyone in my thoughts.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
O My Goodness What a Tragedy. Sometimes I wonder what forces keep some of us safe whilst other suffer great losses.

The college I work for provides a lot of courses and training for NYC firefighters--I collaborate with FEMA on curriculum development. I'm sure that many of my colleagues will be shocked by this loss and praying for everyone involved.

Airmid, our thoughts are with you and yours.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and the other families...such a tragedy. -_-

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
What a tragedy! I admire your husband and his peers for the courageous way that they go about their jobs.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Airmid,

My son-in-law was a firefighter in Houston but now is an EMT and with both jobs he has told some amazing stories about his days and nights at work. I always have Firefighters and Police in my prayers because of the way they lay their lives in danger every day for the safety of the rest of us.

Now, I will add their families to my prayers. My oversight since your post brought to my attention what those families must endure. My sympathies to your extended family in this tragedy.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Gosh, what would we do without people like John or your husband? You guys will all be in my thoughts. Take care.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Please know that Joe and I have everyone in our prayers as well. Our best to you and your "family" at the Firehouse.....

·
Registered
49 Posts
What a terrible situation. Your husband has a very dangerous profession and my prayers go out to all for their courage and willigness to protect and serve their communities. I know you will find solace through your faith and the people around you. May you experience peace to console your children as well as the others loved ones...I am sad for you...Len

·
Registered
660 Posts
Originally posted by Airmid@Jan 23 2005, 02:16 PM
I'm not sure if I mentioned that my husband is a NYC Firefighter. This morning, we were having breakfast, as he's on vacation, we're snowed in and couldn;t get to church...and we heard on the news that 6 firefighters were critically injured at a fire in the Bronx. In the part of the Bronx, Morris heights, that his firehouse covers. Well, the guys are from his firehouse-one has already died, a man named John, who has a new baby and 3 others under the age of 5.
I am just out of my mind about his wife, the other firefighters that were hurt, and it was my husbands group (Which means he would have been one of them-it was the truck that had the victims.)
I'm feeling lost, and I don;t know what to do-this has been part of our lives since he got onto the job, September 11th, we lost two from his house, one from his company, and since then we have become even closer-to the members of his company-if that was possible.
I'm asking for prayers that the others injured, I'm not sure who was there yet, but everyone in the house has wives, and kids. I'm asking for prayers for John Bellews wife and children.
I'm trying not to cry, trying not to upset my kids-my daughter just stopped having nightmares about airplanes and fires and firemen dying-I can't do this to her again. He left with 5 others who live here on the Island, to go to the hospital then the firehouse. Please pray for my husband as well-I thought 9/11 would kill him, and we were blessed that it didn't. These men love each other so much, they're so close, and I can't imagine how I'd survive if it were me.

Thanks for listening.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=30923
[/QUOTE]

I wrote this a long time ago prior to the WTC events.

A Fireman's Prayer
May God walk with you every step of the day,
May he carry you lightly through the hard times along the way.
May His love shine down upon you
to protect you through the cloudy night,
may His love guide you through each fight.
May his strong shoulders support you when you are letting down
and delivery you home to your family safe & sound.
-Sheryl
My prayer's are with you.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
John Bellews widow will be on the Today Show this morning-she's been relentlessly hounded by reporters, so this will end their particular brand of torture.

Thank you, all of you in my Maltese family. your prayers and good wishes have helped with my state of mind, and you are truly good friends. Thank you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts