Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't able to attend Nationals this year because my son's car died and i had committed to participate in the "Relay for Life". I had never participated in the "Relay for Life" before and what a great time we had. Coworkers and i had started setting up yesterday afternoon and i stayed until i couldn't stay awake anymore til about 7:00 this morning. All total about $35,000 was raised for Cancer. We were set up next to our competition "Target" which was kind of funny, i think next year noone will want to be set up next to us because we were so loud and proud. Our team earned well over a million in Spirit Points, we participated in all the dances and we were just pumped up on adrenaline it was unreal. My legs and feet hurt so bad i had done enough last night and this morning that i shouldn't have to exercise for about a month now. Lol. We all had so much fun that we have started planning on what we're going to do for next year, it was definitely worth the sore legs and feet and the staying up all night.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Sounds like you had a blast! and for a good cause too!

I used to do Relay for Life when I was in Student Council.. We never made anywhere near that much though! It was a VERY small town though. All I can say is, Wow..:happy: Congrats and thank you for devoting your time to such a wonderful cause! :dothewave:

Maybe next year you can go to Nationals! *crosses fingers for ya* :blush:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts