Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It seems like if it's not one thing, it's another these days. :w00t:

Remember on Thursday when my car battery was dead? Well in messing around with the car, trying to get it to start, I hurt my right wrist. :smilie_tischkante:

By yesterday morning I was in severe pain, but did I go to the doctors -- heck NO.:yucky: I went to work and typed and used my wrist all day.

Last night I didn't get much sleep because of the pain and then this morning when I got up, my wrist was swollen over 1 1/2 inches more than my left wrist. So off to urgent care I go (about 1 1/2 miles from my house).

Yep, I have a hairline fracture on the outside bone. They didn't put it in a cast, but did wrap it.

It doen't hurt too much when I type, but if I turn the wrist, even slightly (like even to feed myself), the pain is bad. :smpullhair:

Hopefully it will be better soon. It's hard not to be able to use your right hand. :angry: Getting OLD isn't much fun. :blink:

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
If its swelling, did they suggest ice on it?? I hope you give it a rest this week-end, so you will be able to work some on Monday. Did they give you an order to take time off work??? Hope it heals fast.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Oh Lynn - just want you don't need. I've got osteoporosis so always worry about things like that happening. You never should have tried to pick up the car with your bare hands when it didn't start. :HistericalSmiley: All kidding aside, I hope it gets better fast. Try to follow doctors orders -- did they give you a temp brace so that it forces you to do the right thing and keeps things aligned? It might be worth looking into and you can take it off when you need to. Take it easy and I'm thinking icing it too tho it's kind of late in time after injury.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Thank goodness tomorrow is the beginning of a new week for you! I feel horrible for you, all of the awful & frustrating things that you've gone through this week. When it rains, it POURS apparently!

Take it easy, and get well soon!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Oh Lynn I am so sorry, hope it gets better. I know how you feel, went for a girls weekend with a friend, fell down some steps, ended up at the emergency room, $125 I could not spend. I hope for you a speedy recovery, as for me walking is a chore...

·
Premium Member
11,148 Posts
OH NO, I'm so sorry about your wrist & the rest of the bad luck you've had lately. Hope it feels better real soon.:grouphug:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Oh no, sorry to hear :( I hope it heals fast! At least now you can practice strengthening your left hand muscles :D

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
Lynn I'm sorry you hurt your wrist. I hope things start getting better starting right now!
Hugs
:grouphug:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts