Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little baby fluff Mya got spayed today. She was such a brave little girl! Everything went well, and Mya is resting. She is still very groggy and disoriented from the operation. I had the laser surgery done on her. Its suppose to be a little easier on our little fluffs and help them heal a lot faster. The poor girl cannot go on any long walks for ten days she will be very anxious once she is healed. SHe looks soo sweet right now and hope shes not in too much pain. I am going to cook her some rice and boiled chicken for dinner tonight so it doesn't upset her stomach I hope she eats. :heart::flowers:

·
Premium Member
17,451 Posts
Good news on Mya---you are so loving to do the laser surgery! Long walks can wait---get well little girl! Keep us posted.:grouphug:

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Glad Mya got her spay and all went well. They are out of it or loopy in the beginning but before you know it they're ready to rock and roll before they should. Make sure she doesn't get at her stitches; use either baby onesies with a hole cut out for her tail or a collar. Get well little cutie.:chili:

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Glad everything went well with the spay and that she's home resting.

My Ava was spayed a month or so ago...the regular operation. The first night I got her to take a few licks of water (I held the bowl up to her so she didn't have to get up). But by noon the next day she demanded to be let out of her xpen...she ate, went outside to do her business then climbed the steps to get up onto the sofa and made herself comfy and took a nap.

So with the lazer operation, it should be clear sailing from tomorrow morning!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Oh, poor thing. I know it's all for the best but so hard to see them hurting. I'm not looking forward to our turn in a few months. I hope her recovery is quick and easy.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Oh, poor thing. I know it's all for the best but so hard to see them hurting. I'm not looking forward to our turn in a few months. I hope her recovery is quick and easy.
Don't worry. They really do recover incredibly fast for the most part. There are always exceptions but the majority of spays and neuters go well. I think we're the ones who feel the worst, just worrying about our babies. They get over it and want to just be themselves.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Oh sweet Mya! Awesome that you can do the laser surgery...praying she sleeps well tonight and she feels great tomorrow. Don't worry if she doesn't want to eat just yet. Keep her light for now anyway. My Heidi schnauzer (over the bridge) was spunky and up and running the next day.

My little baby fluff Mya got spayed today. She was such a brave little girl! Everything went well, and Mya is resting. She is still very groggy and disoriented from the operation. I had the laser surgery done on her. Its suppose to be a little easier on our little fluffs and help them heal a lot faster. The poor girl cannot go on any long walks for ten days she will be very anxious once she is healed. SHe looks soo sweet right now and hope shes not in too much pain. I am going to cook her some rice and boiled chicken for dinner tonight so it doesn't upset her stomach I hope she eats. :heart::flowers:

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts

For a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Awe thanks for all the well wishes for Mya !!! She sends you all love back! She slept very well through the night and ate some breakfast this morning. She has been resting for most of the day but she has definitely bounced back since yesterday. She has been walking around and even tried to play with her toys! She will be fully recovered in no time! And I am very happy with how the laser surgery went the results are amazing!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts