Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at Natural Balance dog food that was mentioned in another thread... I saw in the ingredients that it is made with garlic powder. I was wondering if all natural dog food contain garlic powder? and is it bad for the dog?

Natural Balance Food

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I didn't think garlic powder was bad. It is supposed to aid in repelling fleas too I think. I am pretty sure that Brinkley's Nupro supplement has garlic in it too.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
large amounts of garlic causes anemia. i know three dog bakery uses garlic in some of their treats---and i'll buy it because they NEVER get garlic, you know?

and its a myth that it repels fleas.

AND...you know how avocado is dangerous? well, i found an all natural vegetarian homecooked diet site that uses lots of avocado in the diet. :new_Eyecrazy: i emailed them but they never contacted me.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@Jun 30 2005, 08:57 AM
I was looking at Natural Balance dog food that was mentioned in another thread... I saw in the ingredients that it is made with garlic powder.  I was wondering if all natural dog food contain garlic powder?  and is it bad for the dog?

Natural Balance Food
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=76461
[/QUOTE]

We feed Indy Nurto Natural Choice small bites and I looked at the ingrediants and there is no garlic. With his teething you might think it, his breath is so bad
I don't know if it is bad for them or not , I should read up on that, just in case I give him treats with it, I wouldn't want to give it to him if it wasn't good for him.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Miko has been eating Natural Balance for the last 4 or 5 months or so and he has been doing much better than on any of the previous foods.

·
Registered
277 Posts
<span style="font-family:Times">I noticed alot of dog foods, even the premium ones, contain garlic powder......
</span>

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
If your dog has a bad habit of snatching food you drop while cooking, try dropping a clove of raw garlic. Sir N chomped down on that and positively HOWLED. His tooth pierced it and he couldn't get it out of his mouth. He didn't TOUCH anything dropped on the floor without permission and prior sniffing for YEARS after that. :D (Nothing really to do with the OP question, but...I'm in the sharing mood.) -_-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts