Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what if anything ya'll use for Natural Cures or remedy.

I use birdfeeders to attract purple martin to eat mosquitos, use bug zappers, and put an oil spray on the "kids" to repel mosquitos. I was looking for something OTHER than heartworm pills to give them........because of their size, I believe......(and yes, they have the right pills) they BOTH seem to react to heartworm pills when I give them.
I know the CURE for heartworm contains arsnic.......wondering what the pills contain.

What NATURAL/ORGANIC things do you use for your pets for conditons/health issues???

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I am not sure if there is any proven way to prevent heart worm naturally. I give Scooby Interceptor every month and so far he has had no adverse reaction. If there is a natural preventative I would be happy to know about it too. At the moment though he is heartworm free and to me that is the most important thing because prevention is far better than cure.
Perhaps you need to talk to your vet and see if there is something that can be given to your dogs that will agree with them.
I have read in here that some use Downy as a final rinse on their dogs to prevent flees but I also have heard that it can repel mosquitos too. Perhaps you could try that.
You say you spray your dogs with an oil, what type of oil is it?
I have noticed that the mosquitos are still around here as the weather is unseasonably warmer for this time of the year. We have a bug zapper running too but last night when I took Scooby outside to go potty there were a lot of mozzies around, I could see them flying about.
I hate the thought of them for a couple of reasons, one is the heart worm and the other is the West Nile Virus which is scary too

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use a very dilute Skin so Soft (Avon) spray. It seems to help repel for all of us!! And without using alot........which is why I spray......the "kids" don't get well,
greasy....

Thanks for your response.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.