Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you SM'ers have a Mobia treadmill/elliptical by Nautilus? I am thinking of getting one and would love to hear any feed back that anyone has. I also want to get an IPad and my husband told me to choose between the two. He said I can't have both. I just don't understand him sometimes:confused1:

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I don't own a treadmill, but I definitely wish I had one as I do not feel safe exercising outside by myself during the day (as I'm sure most women don't).

I would choose the treadmill/elliptical over the iPad...treadmills don't really get "outdated" -- either it works or it doesn't! LOL The iPad will be replaced with something "cooler", "better", "faster", "smaller", "thinner", etc in a short time...as with all electronics & gadgets. The exercise equipment will be great to have IF you can motivate yourself to use it!

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I've heard the Nautilus brand is suppose to be good. Personally if I had to choose between the two, I would take the treadmill as working out/being in shape much more important than having the latest tech thing. I'd rather having a kickin' body than a new computer. lol.

PS- a great motivator for me is the refusal to go up a size in clothing!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
OK... I have a lot to say on this subject!! :p

I had not heard of the Mobia but took a look on their site. Here's the thing ... I would be bored to death on it. I have a treadmill and never ever use it but I use my iPad every single day .. sometimes .. just about all day! :blush: And honestly, the Mobia looks even more boring than a regular treadmill.

When at the gym, a treadmill is do-able because of the energy from the other people and watching people, etc. At home, I found it to be torture even with a TV and DVD in the room!

The Mobia looks like it is a no-frills machine, based on what I read on the site. My treadmill is about 15 years old and pretty basic and if I were to ever get another treadmill I would want one with programming so I would have something to make it interesting such as different trails, hills, etc. I also like to have a heart monitor on the handles but the Mobia one has a chest strap which I would find a pain to use.

For exercise, I am enjoying the Wii Fit and I ordered a couple Wii dance DVDs which look like they will be fun. I am a born couch potato so getting me out of a chair is not easy!! LOL But the Wii does it for me.

Sooo, those are my thoguhts!! Let us know what you decide and how you like whatever you chose!!

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, this is what I decided. I ordered the Mobia. I really need to lose some weight and I think I will be motivated to use it as long as it is in the family room. I had a really good treadmill but it was big and I kept it upstairs in the spare bedroom. I rarely used it cause it was upstairs so I sold it about 50lbs ago.

Oh, and I am typing this on my new Ipad:chili:l

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Ok, this is what I decided. I ordered the Mobia. I really need to lose some weight and I think I will be motivated to use it as long as it is in the family room. I had a really good treadmill but it was big and I kept it upstairs in the spare bedroom. I rarely used it cause it was upstairs so I sold it about 50lbs ago.

Oh, and I am typing this on my new Ipad:chili:l
Oh, how perfect!!! You got both!!! :aktion033: Isn't the iPad fab! I love all the wonderful apps for it. ENJOY both your "toys"!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got the Ipad yesterday so I am learning my way around it. I plan to take some classes on it at the Apple Store. They give free classes on it every day and I want to learn everything I can about It. It took me a half hour last night to figure out how to shut it off:brownbag: Sometimes I can be pretty dumb:confused:

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I just got the Ipad yesterday so I am learning my way around it. I plan to take some classes on it at the Apple Store. They give free classes on it every day and I want to learn everything I can about It. It took me a half hour last night to figure out how to shut it off:brownbag: Sometimes I can be pretty dumb:confused:
I took the class at the Apple store, too. It was a lot of fun and I learned a few things, also. I had had mine already for a month, so I had figured out a few things already. I also have had the iTouch for years, so it was easy to transition to the iPad.

The more time you spend on it the more you will learn and you will love it more and more!

Oh, BTW, there is a great help tool from Apple that you can get that tells everything about the iPad. I don't remember if iBooks comes on the iPad or if you have to download it but be sure you have it because it is great. Then you can download the Apple iPad User Guide, which has everything in it and it is easy to search for what you are wanting to know, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts