Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gave Lacie (and Tilly and Secret) her weekly bath on Sunday. Well now she looks like she weighs about 20 lbs. She actually weighs 6 lbs., but she looks huge!!!

Please remind me that I don't want to cut her down and that I am growing her out. :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:

I know that this will pass, but my baby girl looks sooooooooooooo scruffy right now. I can't stand it. :w00t: And are clothes seem tight because of all the hair. :huh::smilie_tischkante:

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
You can do this!!! You don't want to cut her - you know that her hair will eventually fall flat once it reaches a certain length! DONT CUT HER HAIR!!!!

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
You're my hero if you can do this.....:forgive me:.....come on, girl, you have more patience than me....right? :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Come on..........don't even go there~~~once you cut it, it takes a long, long, long time to grow back. Your halfway there my friend!!!!!:chili::chili::chili:

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Back away from the cutting utensils!!! Breathe and envision her with a long beautiful coat!!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Lynn, would a challenge help? I cut Bonnet down after she finished and now I want her in coat again. So she's 4 mos. into growing coat and at that very weird stage where head and leg hair lies straight and flat and body hair is fat and fluffy. She looks more like a miniature sheep than a Maltese. So if I keep growing Bonnet you have to keep growing Lacie ... :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
17,463 Posts
Send me your scissors---with all the chaos in Greece you will never see them again & they probably won't reach me---so you will be safe for months!

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone. Your posts have given me hope that I can get through this stage, or, they made me laugh. :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:eek:r both.

Yep -- she does seem to resemble a miniature sheep. :w00t: but I'm sure that there's still a little dog under all that hair. :smilie_tischkante:

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Archie was fat this morning, then he went to the groomer. Now he's a "stud man" again!

OH.....:unsure:....wrong encouragement......whoops....

never mind.:whistle:

·
Premium Member
4,130 Posts
you are almost there and she will look soooo beautiful in long hair!!:wub:
i LOVE long hair on our babies!!:chili:

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
You can do it Lynn!:thumbsup:
I think about cutting Tess's hair daily. She a little under 6 pounds and looks so much bigger. This girls hair is long but she has so much she really does look twice as big as she is. :w00t: I keep putting off the clipping so if I can you can. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Resist the temptation!! It's only a phase. I remember when I was trying to grow my hair out, I went through a period where my hair look really messy and weird o_O but you just have to turn a blind eye on it and gorgeous long hair will come soon enough!

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
Lynn put the clippers and scissors down and step back. I know where your coming from, i'm currently growing Riley's coat out again. I sure do miss his flowing locks.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
Resist the temptation!! It's only a phase. I remember when I was trying to grow my hair out, I went through a period where my hair look really messy and weird o_O but you just have to turn a blind eye on it and gorgeous long hair will come soon enough!

Works for me....Love LBB

Jops: Shut up

LBB: You shut up

1 - 20 of 22 Posts