Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone!!!
I need some help from members who are in New Jersey. I am in the position that I need a lawyer to file an answer to a summons for me in Morris County, New Jersey. I live in Kansas, so this person needs to be able to work with me on a long distance relationship. My lawyer in Kansas cannot file the answer. It has to do with the "statue of fraud". Eric doesn't know any New Jersey Lawyers. A Life long Kansan. Anyone need a Kansas Lawyer he is really good.
I will be looking forward to hearing from you all. Interestingly the summons has me living in New Jersey. I now live at Burlingame, New Jersey. :chili:I've only been to New Jersey once and never left the airport. It will be fun going up there and seeing what the state looks like in the near future.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Tina, what about consulting with Lisa Curry of Hackensack, NJ. Her area of expertise is dog law and dog contracts. She is a frequent contributor to AKC publications and speaker at AKC and kennel club events.

Law For Dogs

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Mary, I will contact her on Tuesday after the holiday.

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found out today from one lawyer in New Jersey who does this type of work that this type of case will not come before the Judge for a year and a half. Whoo Hoo. Lots of time to prepare. :chili:

·
Premium Member
20,059 Posts
Mary probably gave you the best advice. Also, I know Alice (GodivaGoddess) is in NY but she's an attorney and maybe she knows of someone in NJ.

I live in South Jersey, but (thankfully) haven't had the need for one - so I don't know any. sorry.

What ever happened to Ace? Is he still with you?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts