Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evewy Fanksgiving, me (Josey), and brudder Cody, and sissy Mandy go to Uncle Fwed and Aunt Birfa’s house for dinner. Mommy dwesses us girwls up in pwetty dwesses and bows and we get to eat lots of goodies. Fank you to Des at Toni Mari and Marj fowr making us such bootiful dwesses and matching bows for da holiday. :ThankYou:

Mandy….

Josey…

Here, you can see the bow….

Cody….he wikes to be comfy.

It's me Josey again.....I must confess, I don’t wike going to Aunt Birfa’s house for Fanksgiving. She always wants to pick me up and sqeeeeeze my cheeks. When I see her hairy wegs and orfopedic shoes coming towards me, I run under da kitchen table to hide fwom her! :hiding: (Sowwy, Aunt Birfa, but, doggies don’t sugar coat it. We tell it like it is.) I twy to make myself weally widdle as her hands and arms are swinging back and forth twying to gwab fowr me under da table. Mommy calls fowr me and den makes me come out. So, as Aunt Birfa is squeeeeezing my cheeks. It’s da same fing evewy yeawr…..she calls me “Jor-sey, Jor-sey, what kind of pet are you? Well, my memory escapes me once again, Jor-sey. But, you sure do look like a ….aaaa…..oh, Fred, what are those things we see on tv?” “Yes, Jor-sey, you look like a Ferret.” :w00t:

I do NOT wook wike a Ferret! I don’t wook wike one, I don’t act wike one, and I certainwey don’t walk wike one, eifer!” The firwst time Aunt Birfa said dis. Mommy choked on her diet Coke and had it all ober da frwont of her. I, on da odder hand, didn’t find one bit of humor in dat statement, whatsoeber!” Den, Uncle Fwed can’t heawr a darn thing all day. But, he can always heawr Aunt Birfa and da Ferret statement. He chimes in wif, “NO, little Jor-sey looks more like a baby Buffalo!” Hahahaha, in his deep voice. Oh my dawg! I do NOT wook wike a buffalo! Oh yeah, mommy is bwinging a ferret to your house for dinner today, no wait…she’s bwinging a buffalo ober fowr dinner! Oh my dawg…I’m in da house of horrors! :faint:

Do I wook wike a Ferret or Buffalo?! :huh:

All da men sit in one room together. Den it’s da same conversation evewy yeawr wif Uncle Fwed. He says, “Those men in those space suits…..” Gwampa will interrupt and say, “you mean, astronauts, Fred.” Uncle Fwed repeats himself, “Those men in space suits have landed on the moon. Why don’t they land on the sun?!” :blink: Oh my dawg! Where did he go to school?:unsure: In doggy school, even we know da sun is a big ball of fire! Gwampa says, “Fred, it’s a little warm there.” Uncle Fred replies, “what?” Gwampa says, “Fred, it’s a little warm there.” Uncle Fred replies again, “whaaaat?” Gwampa says, “FRED, IT’S A LITTLE WARM THERE.” :smilie_tischkante: Oh my dawg, I’m stuck in a fun house wif no exits! :smhelp: Also, Uncle Fwed NEBER opens his eyes….ever! But, he dwives all ober da country. :w00t: He says, Aunt Birfa navigates him. Scarweey. :unsure: Hope I’m neber on da woad enwoute for tweats win Fwed is dwiving! I’ve neber seen his eyes open. Twue story.

Cody sits on daddy’s lap the whole day. If Aunt Birfa tries to pick him up, he growls and shows his pwetty white toofers. He tells me it works pwettty well fowr him for da day. :smrofl:

If Aunt Birfa tries to pick up Mandy, she will instantly collapse to da ground, yelping loudly. It sounds just wike she got hit by a car. :HistericalSmiley: It fweaks Aunt Birfa out! She runs off in da odder room telling mommy dat dar is somefing vewy wrong wif her dogs. :LOL: Mandy has dis down weally good.

I've practiced and I'm not good at da growling or pwaying hurt. So, what should I do???? I need a getaway plan of action. I need help wif a plan. Pweeze help me! Happy (early) Thanksgiving!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
:smrofl::LOL::HistericalSmiley:Oh Josey, sweetie, I'd really like to help you but I've been laughing so hard from your post that I have tears in my eyes and can't see the keyboard. Maybe I need Uncle Fwed to see for me but then he'll bring along Birfa. :HistericalSmiley:
A FERRET...A BUFFALO...These people seriously need to be taken to an opthalmolgist and/or a psychiatrist cause they are blind :eek2_gelb2: and crazy. :wacko1:
Isn't family just grand sometimes? LOL.I remember my grandmother was hard of hearing and everyone was always screaming translations across the table and yelling at her to turn the hearing aid up. :woohoo2:It was like playing the game telephone, what she heard had nothing to do with what was said.
I really think you have the makings of a sitcom there, Suzi. What a cast of characters.:thumbsup: If they were really mean intentionally, I would suggest you never darken their doorstep again :smtease: but they are family and I guess they think they're funny and I don't think mean any harm..
What can I say...wait a minute. I'VE GOT IT. :Happy_Dance::good post - perfect. This year bring along a real ferret AND a buffalo and see what they'll say next.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Sounds like you're gonna have a fun Thanksgiving, Josey! Just remember to stay in your happy place - sounds like you get lots of yummy goodies to eat and that your Aunt and Uncle love you very much!!! And, of course, you guys will be getting tons of attention because your Mommy dresses you up so pretty - who wouldn't want to pick you up and cover you in kisses?!!! Have a fun day - your Thanksgiving outfits and bows are beeeauuutiful!!! Tell your Mommy to take lots more pictures! :)

·
Premium Member
24,173 Posts
:HistericalSmiley::smheat::LOL:

I'm sorry precious Josey:LOL: I really am:LOL: hold on a moment sweetheart awntie needs to get her self under control:LOL:, sorry sweetie:LOL: ok hummmmmmm just maybe :LOL: oh forget it Josey, awntie is no help whatsoever:LOL:, I love you:wub: little one.

Suzi I have laughed sooooo hard my face hurts:HistericalSmiley::w00t:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Psssst, Joshy, iz me Daizee here... Im da debious one in my famwy and I gotz an idea... Disguize yerseff sonz nobuddy wanna touch ya except fer dwoppin da fud and wunnin... ditch da pweddy dwess n wear dis :
Yer fren Daiz

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
Oh, poor little Josey.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: You and Mandy are just bootiful in your new dwesses and bows! Your brudder looks handsome, too. And no, you don't look like a ferret or a buffalo. You kind of remind me of one of those cute little "ewoks" from Star Wars. Just kidding! You are still the most beautiful little chocolate Maltese I have ever seen and I could kiss you all day long!:smootch:I don't have much advice except to stick close to your mommy and wait for Thanksgiving to be over. Hey, at least you'll get some yummy treats. Hey, your mommy is so funny.:HistericalSmiley:She always makes me laugh.:HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
6,086 Posts
Psssst, Joshy, iz me Daizee here... Im da debious one in my famwy and I gotz an idea... Disguize yerseff sonz nobuddy wanna touch ya except fer dwoppin da fud and wunnin... ditch da pweddy dwess n wear dis :
Yer fren Daiz
:smrofl::smrofl::smrofl::smrofl: Love it! What a cute little STINKER!:HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they are family and I guess they think they're funny and I don't think mean any harm..
What can I say...wait a minute. I'VE GOT IT. :Happy_Dance::good post - perfect. This year bring along a real ferret AND a buffalo and see what they'll say next.
Oh yes, we love Aunt Birtha and Uncle Fred very, very much! Thanksgiving just wouldn't be the same without them. :wub:

Sounds like you're gonna have a fun Thanksgiving, Josey! Just remember to stay in your happy place - sounds like you get lots of yummy goodies to eat and that your Aunt and Uncle love you very much!!! And, of course, you guys will be getting tons of attention because your Mommy dresses you up so pretty - who wouldn't want to pick you up and cover you in kisses?!!! Have a fun day - your Thanksgiving outfits and bows are beeeauuutiful!!! Tell your Mommy to take lots more pictures! :)
Thank you so much!

:HistericalSmiley::smheat::LOL:

I'm sorry precious Josey:LOL: I really am:LOL: hold on a moment sweetheart awntie needs to get her self under control:LOL:, sorry sweetie:LOL: ok hummmmmmm just maybe :LOL: oh forget it Josey, awntie is no help whatsoever:LOL:, I love you:wub: little one.

Suzi I have laughed sooooo hard my face hurts:HistericalSmiley::w00t:
Glad we made you laugh, Paula! :HistericalSmiley:

Yer fren Daiz

Fanks for da suggestion, Daizee! I will tell mommy to get me a skunk suit. I will be sure to NOT take my "bean-o" before going ober eifer! :HistericalSmiley: Youwr Fwiend, Josey.

You kind of remind me of one of those cute little "ewoks" from Star Wars.
Dat's okay! I get da "ewok" and "chewbacca" a lot! :smrofl: :smrofl:

·
Premium Member
4,130 Posts
oh Josey sweetheart, sounds like you do need a getaway plan!!:blink:
how about if your little hand hurts from playing so much and your mommy has to hold you the entire time?? :innocent:
btw, gorgeous dresses!!

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Listen Josey.....when Auntie grabs you and picks you up.....to get down all you have to do is go pee pee on her. That will work every time!! :aktion033::chili:

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
Josey, I really really love you sweetheart! You have to be the cutest little honorary Maltese I've ever seen. :wub: I still have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard over your Thanksgiving dilemma. :HistericalSmiley: :HistericalSmiley: You need to talk this over with your brother and sister. They seem to have came up with some good ways to avoid the relatives trying to pick them up. Maybe they have a few more up their sleeve. Do you have to repeat all this at Christmas? Gotta love family and holidays.:blink:
Big hugs Josey and lots of luck!! :wub:

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
OMG, I can't stop laughing at this story! I agree...Josey, just pee-pee when you are picked up and I'm sure you will be put down quickly! Suzi, I love your stories!

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
Tell Auntie Birfa you hab wingworm! Dat will fix her!
Love the dresses and your family sounds like fun (for one or two days a year...lol)

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
**** UPDATE****

I have spoken to brudder Cody. Fanks for da advice Auntie Jane. Cody has agweed to gib me growling wessons. He really has it down....wif da widdle snarly face and showing his teef. Cody says, I sound wike a grumbling ewok when I growl. :blink: I will keep wooking for odder alternatibes.

oh Josey sweetheart, sounds like you do need a getaway plan!!:blink:
how about if your little hand hurts from playing so much and your mommy has to hold you the entire time?? :innocent:
btw, gorgeous dresses!!
Fanks Florence, but, I'm not too good at pwaying hurwt. Oh well, it's onwee one day of da yeawr. :)
Listen Josey.....when Auntie grabs you and picks you up.....to get down all you have to do is go pee pee on her. That will work every time!! :aktion033::chili:
Haha, Pat, this actually happened with Cody. I had a gal telling me my dogs weren't real, because, "real" dogs are big not itsy bitsy. Cody walked over and lifted his leg and peed on her shoe! I was so embarrassed. :blush: Hubby thought it was very funny. :HistericalSmiley:
Josey, I really really love you sweetheart! You have to be the cutest little honorary Maltese I've ever seen. :wub: I still have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard over your Thanksgiving dilemma. :HistericalSmiley: :HistericalSmiley: You need to talk this over with your brother and sister. They seem to have came up with some good ways to avoid the relatives trying to pick them up. Maybe they have a few more up their sleeve. Do you have to repeat all this at Christmas? Gotta love family and holidays.:blink:
Big hugs Josey and lots of luck!! :wub:
Fanks Auntie Jane! See my update, pweeze.

OMG, I can't stop laughing at this story! I agree...Josey, just pee-pee when you are picked up and I'm sure you will be put down quickly! Suzi, I love your stories!
Thank you!
Tell Auntie Birfa you hab wingworm! Dat will fix her!
Love the dresses and your family sounds like fun (for one or two days a year...lol)
:LOL: :LOL:

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Josey, we tell you all the time how cute you are but this time we have to tell your big sister Mandy how beautiful she looks in her special thanksgiving dress! We never see enough of her and Cody (we know he's camera shy) and we think she needs to sit for photos more often. Please help her practice because you are both beautiful! Your relatives sound very funny and if Cody doesn't teach you to growl properly maybe you can to hide under the furniture so no one can find you! I'm sure your brother Cody would sneak you some snacks!

·
Premium Member
17,452 Posts
Maybe you could get a little (black) sheep outfit Josey---and go as "the black sheep in the family." I mean, I think every family has one---they are usually left alone!

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Josey, we tell you all the time how cute you are but this time we have to tell your big sister Mandy how beautiful she looks in her special thanksgiving dress! We never see enough of her and Cody (we know he's camera shy) and we think she needs to sit for photos more often. Please help her practice because you are both beautiful! Your relatives sound very funny and if Cody doesn't teach you to growl properly maybe you can to hide under the furniture so no one can find you! I'm sure your brother Cody would sneak you some snacks!
Awwww, thank you so very much, Erin. :hugging: Mandy is my heart dog. I don't know what I would do without her!

Also, a big thank you to Marj. She spent so much time with me on getting these bows to match the dresses just perfect. (In Mandy's photo, the flash is making the dress look a different color than it actually is. It's a deep plum.) First, Marj emailed various ribbon websites. I couldn't seem to find a match on the computer monitor. So, she mailed me ribbons to look at. I've never met a bow person that would take that much time out of their day to spend with their customer. Then, when I picked out the ribbon samples. Marj had it in the mail in less than 24 hours. Great customer service, thank you so very much, Marj. Another bow lady I USED to work with.....would send my Halloween bows at Thanksgiving. :( The gal told me....."well, at least, you're ready for NEXT year!"

·
Premium Member
11,148 Posts
What an absolutely cute,adorable & funny story. Josey, you sure do have a way with storytelling. Boo says to tell you to get really slippery like he does when he doesn't want to be picked up & twist around like a pretzel,works for him. Hannah says, just flip upside down & flap your paws & you'll get a bellyrub.
All your babies :wub:are beautiful in there pretty outfits,love the dresses & matching bows.

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Maybe you could get a little (black) sheep outfit Josey---and go as "the black sheep in the family." I mean, I think every family has one---they are usually left alone!
That is a great idea. Josey couldl be the brown sheep. :LOL:

What an absolutely cute,adorable & funny story. Josey, you sure do have a way with storytelling. Boo says to tell you to get really slippery like he does when he doesn't want to be picked up & twist around like a pretzel,works for him. Hannah says, just flip upside down & flap your paws & you'll get a bellyrub.
All your babies :wub:are beautiful in there pretty outfits,love the dresses & matching bows.
Thank you Sue. That's funny about Boo, Cody does the same thing. :wub:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts